LY specials

Started by thetrooper27, January 25, 2013, 11:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

Can I play these along with a power card attack, or must I just discard the power card to use it?

And to be sure, the power type AND value must be exactly the same to keep duplicates, correct?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

Power card attack: Nope. Cards that allow that would say something like "Play with any Fighting Power card attack...".

And from the wiki:
Quote from: http://overpower.ca/wiki/LYThis Special would make all Power cards of the same value and type count as one card during the discard phase. For example, if a player has this Special in play with a level 4 Fighting Power card, and draws the following in the next hand: 2 level 4 Fighting power cards, a level 4 Strength power card and a level 4 MultiPower card, then the player may choose to keep either the 2 fighting power cards, or the strength power card or the multipower card. It does not allow you to keep the 2 fighting power cards AND either the strength power card or the multipower card.

AO user

so if Zealot is teamed up with wolverine & LY has been played with 8F PC.  Can Wolverine USE said duplicates from future hands?

If Spidergirl is with Spawn AND Witchblade event is in effect, can she play it with 8E PC? do her teammates have access to said duplicates in future battles as long as she is alive?   Commoratta said LY is worth having 2 in deck.  Seems like a gimmick

Jack

Quote from: AO user on October 27, 2015, 02:48:39 PM
so if Zealot is teamed up with wolverine & LY has been played with 8F PC.  Can Wolverine USE said duplicates from future hands?
Yes.

If Spidergirl is with Spawn AND Witchblade event is in effect, can she play it with 8E PC? do her teammates have access to said duplicates in future battles as long as she is alive?
Yes.

Commoratta said LY is worth having 2 in deck.  Seems like a gimmick
It's hard to find too much use for this card, IMO. You're losing 2 cards to play this with 0 venture during that battle. Following traditional deck limits, you shouldn't have more than 4 of any single card (3 is usually the upper limit) in a deck, subtracting the one played with LY, leaves you with a very low dupe chance anyway.

AO user

Thanks, Jack.  I tried it once and it was like you said but I'm trying to find an angle.