Target hero may not attack and attacking after conceding

Started by DarKBladE09, April 02, 2012, 07:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

So lets say that during battle I have been hit with a target character may not attack "for remainder of battle" and as the battle goes along my opponent concedes. So, then I play a card that says "any front line" character may make one attack after opponent has conceded the battle.

Couple things here.... Is the battle technically over once the opponent concedes, making the target character cannot attack for remainder of battle done with? I'm thinking no.
And does the "any front line character" supersede the cannot attack card? I'm also thinking no, but seems like a viable question.

Jack

Conceding a battle wouldn't be the same as the end of the battle.

The battle still involves calculating the venture totals, so the answer would be no.

I'm tempted to make a flow diagram for how a battle progresses, you may find that interesting.

DarKBladE09

yup, that's all what I suspected. So technically the end of the battle is after both teams move their won or lost ventured missions.

Jack

I missed the second question.

No, unless the attack isn't affected by specials already in play, you cannot breach it. That would be similar to allowing characters in the same situation to make the follow-up to Ally cards.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on April 02, 2012, 08:31:21 PM
I missed the second question.

No, unless the attack isn't affected by specials already in play, you cannot breach it. That would be similar to allowing characters in the same situation to make the follow-up to Ally cards.

I was pretty sure that Sunfire cannot play that card if he's been held with an AX/AV type of card... I read something in the Meta Rules that said the attack has to first be playable, before the text of the cards come into play... I think I read it with the X-World Homebase... or did I misunderstand your inclusion of Sunfire's card here?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

You got me, I was wrong.
QuoteIf a card of the specified type prevents the character with this Inherent to make an attack in the first place, then this Inherent would not come into effect - first the attack must be makeable. Once makeable, then it will not be affected by cards in play.

Not a meta rule, but the "how to play" Holographics Attackers Aspect.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on April 03, 2012, 02:30:14 PM
You got me, I was wrong.
QuoteIf a card of the specified type prevents the character with this Inherent to make an attack in the first place, then this Inherent would not come into effect - first the attack must be makeable. Once makeable, then it will not be affected by cards in play.

Not a meta rule, but the "how to play" Holographics Attackers Aspect.

The only reason I know that rule is because of Holographic Attackers Aspect! I would love for that wording to supercede "holds" because it would make Danger Room so much more fun!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27