BW and BQ

Started by AO user, January 20, 2016, 08:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

At the December Toronto Meet-Up, Sean played Iron Man's BW Industrial Waste and sent an 8 PC and others to dead pile.  But that means web headed wizard would get access to them, right?  That would help Wonder Woman's gift of the Gods if she could pull an 8 fighting PC and play it immediately!
Q 1: what other cards that get power cards into dead pile?
Q 2: what gimmick or gotcha could be cooked up to exploit this?
Q 3:  when is next meet-up? lol  I had a blast!

joe_fixit

I don't think that there is any way for you to get your own cards from the Power Pack to the Dead Pile, but there are ways to get cards from your Power Pack to your hand. Falcon's Power Dive or Storm's Gathering Winds for example. You could also manipulate your Draw Pile with Best Laid Plans, With Great Power..., or Luthor's Power Hungry; or you could always Viking Pyre anything you wanted into your Dead Pile but that's probably not a very good strategy to use just so you could BQ a 8PC. 

AO user

I've never had to put power cards in my dead pile before opponent successfully hit me with a BW Industrial Waste.  Another card that does it is event front max carnage: let the silence speak- players (both) must discard top 3 cards from draw pile into dead pile.  I also found brilliant deduction special for beast: go through opponents power pack and move any 3 cards to the dead pile.  A power pack with no 8s or 7s could be fatal in end game.  Interesting affects I've never considered.  The BW and event with luck  could dispatch DOW and other big boy cards straight to dead pile.  Wizard is only way back in play I can think of, beside new lease on life event.  TheOP rabbit hole goes pretty deep!

justa

You should check out the "Burn" strategy and associated cards on justabgkid's site.  It's designed to "burn" through opponent's deck so that there is NO end game - he runs out of cards.  We played a few games using it back then and actually got it to work!  (Shame the cards weren't higher resolution.)

breadmaster

yep, that beast card (puppet master has it too) can come in handy!

off the top of my head, there are 2 other methods to get cards into dead pile

1) luthor: art of the deal (thor has it too).  you can put any card from draw pile into dead pile
2) image inducer.  this one's random, but it can chew up your draw pile in a hurry

AO user

Hey Breadmaster.  I usually don't use artifacts.  Infinity Gauntlet gets 5 there too.  Just a, can you post a link to justabigkid site.  My google search didn't turn it up