Marvel Legendary

Started by binarymelon, December 04, 2012, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoe

it looks like a lot of fun, I watched the Dice tower video about it and I want to grab the box next time i have the $$...whenever the F that might be :P

Demacus

New Fantastic Four expansion for Legendary adds some really nice stuff to the game.  Payment Powers for one thing, when you have WAY too many recruit points and no one in the HQ that really adds to the deck you are trying to build, new villain mechanics, which are interesting and unique (an not always as beneficial as they might seem,) and of course, new Masterminds, including Mole Man (whom I have not yet faced-off against) and Galactus (who my friends and I have failed to defeat 3 times already.)

The new Heroes are, obviously, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, and the Human Torch, with a 5th hero, The Silver Surfer.  Each of these characters is fairly strong in their own right, (The Thing and Mr. Fantastic have great self synergy, if you can catch the right cards in the right hands.)  The Silver Surfer rare, is a non-attack, non-recruit card, but his affect doubles the amount of recruit points currently available, allowing for some heavy recruiting/payment power plays.

All in all, this expansion brings some nice additions to the table, and all for only $19.99 American (plus tax) which is a great cost for a 100 card expansion.

gameplan.exe

FINALLY!!! I finally got this game! It only took my grandma being my secret santa. She's 80 now, but she still likes to shop on Amazon, so yeah, lol.

I've played 3 solo games so far and it's better than I expected.

I lost my first game, barely, but learned some crucial things about the flow of the game. So, I reset everything and played it again and won handily. The 3rd game I played, I handpicked all the characters and scenario, because I was nerding out about being a Gambit fanboy and X-Nerd. Again, I won handily.

The impression I've gotten, so far, is that it will be even more fun with live collaboration (what, with that being in the game design, and all  ;)). But I also wondered, in reading through the rules several times, how it might be if I played a game with 3 or 4 or even 5 hands, and I just controlled them all separately...? I know some other people mentioned playing this game solo... has anyone tried this, yet?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

TGW

I mostly play Legendary solo and really enjoy the game, although I haven't tried playing more than one separate hand at a time yet. I do plan on giving it a shot soon, though. I recently picked up the FF expansion set but haven't got around to trying it out yet.

I will say that that Dark City is a must buy, especially in terms of increased difficulty. Apocalypse is an absolute beast in that game, and the other masterminds such as Kingpin are no chumps either. They are much stronger and far less forgiving masterminds compared to the original set. I've won and lost several games that have come right down to the last hand. I use a slight alteration of the rules when I play to make it more challenging, in fact, I think the alteration I use is an official modification of the rules if I remember correctly.

In any event, the game is great and a productive use of the Marvel license by Upper Deck, which is encouraging. There are more sets in the pipeline, with a Spider-Man themed set coming up in a few months and a major expansion being released this summer. I'm looking forward to it and hope that Black Panther is included in one of the sets being released in 2014.

gameplan.exe

Ok, so, I haven't played against Galactus (or anything from FF4), but I'm ready to declare Apocalypse as the WORST! UGH!! I've played him 3 times to a stalemate (all Solo). Most recently, I defeated him 4 times but 3 of those times I drew IMMORTAL AND UNDEFEATED. UGH!! THREE TIMES?!? I think I'm ready to hand-select a team to try and take him down...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

chuu

I borrowed the game with all the expansions from my friend for me and my wife to play.  We really couldn't get into it, we both hate how long it takes to set up the game in comparison to the DC deck building game.

skeevo666

Anyone who wants to check out Legendary can come to http://gmigames.com/ on the last Sunday of each month (We do OverPower every first Sunday in case you haven't seen that thread :)  )

rucker73

Anyone picking up the new Spidey expansion for this?   I've been waiting for Upperdeck to put it up for pre-order and with release date being less than 2 weeks away I wonder what is taking so long.

Love the game...  mostly the fact that you can play Solo.   Otherwise I would still be playing OP!
"Wade! into action!"

skeevo666

Yeah, I'll snag it when it comes out. Haven't seen anything on the FB page for the game about it coming out though :/

chuu

i'm excited for the new expansion of the DC building game :D