What are you reading?

Started by Palatinus, March 30, 2011, 08:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

So, what does everyone around here read for comics?  I read a lot of Batman and Spider-man.  I usually get behind several months and then catch myself back up again.  I hate getting just a tiny piece of a story and having to wait a month for the next part.  I have also found myself reading a lot of short series.  I just got done reading Kick-Ass recently and I have plans to read Tank Girl.  I really enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim movie and my friends have told me that the comics are very good too so I will likely read those soon.

rucker73

I currently read Spider-Man, Deadpool, Avengers, Batman, American Vampire and the Walking Dead.  Monthly subscriber to them all.
"Wade! into action!"

Ranerdar

I'm currently catching up on the Ultimate Marvel Universe. I'm buying the trade paperbacks, in reading order. I'm about half way to Ultimatum. I'm also picking up the trades for The Walking Dead. I prefer to pick up the trades, so I can get a whole arc in a book or two.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

HotDogCart

I am currently reading The Sandman comics.  :)

Bios

I am always following Spider-Man and Hulk related stuff, but now I am also reading Fantastic Four.

rucker73

Bios did they suck you in with the Death in the Family story arch?  I ended up getting FF #1.  I'm such a sucker.
"Wade! into action!"

gameplan.exe

I read everything X-men, but I'm not very current. I pick up TPB whenever I can, really. I use online... resources... to stay current, though  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Quote from: hotdogcart on March 30, 2011, 10:28:15 PM
I am currently reading The Sandman comics.  :)

I highly recommend The Sandman and really anything at all by Neil Gaiman.  His writing is some of the best out there.  Also, there are a lot of good Vertigo books out there like Fables, 100 Bullets, Y:  the Last Man, American Virgin, and others.

Nate Grey

Used to be a huge X-Men fan so I would collect everything X. Nowadays I'm mostly just interested in the Avengers titles so I do my best to collect those and any large company crossovers. I'm just waiting for the return of Jean Grey to get back into X-Men.

Palatinus

I have been picking up some Avengers books while reading at Barnes and Noble and lately they are actually quite good.  The recent X-Men has been pretty Blah.  The return of Jean would have to be done really well this time to not just annoy me.  They have brought her back so many times although I'll admit with the way things are with Scott and Emma it would make for some interesting stuff.  And I always love the Phoenix force.  Maybe they need to do another time travel story arc.

Bios

Quote from: rucker73 on March 31, 2011, 06:59:34 AM
Bios did they suck you in with the Death in the Family story arch?  I ended up getting FF #1.  I'm such a sucker.

Actually it was Solve Everything story arch. Couldn't stop reading since them.

fanneyjack

I started Her Fearful Symmetry. So far pretty good.