metallo questions

Started by steve2275, October 31, 2011, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve2275

can attacks be played right after eye beams is played?
and can he play i'll be back if there is no reserve?

gameplan.exe

I believe the answer to both questions is "yes"
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

Quote from: steve2275 on October 31, 2011, 07:39:57 AM

can attacks be played right after eye beams is played?
and can he play i'll be back if there is no reserve?

By "can attacks be played right after eye beams is played?" do you mean, can you play another attack immediately, or just, after you've played Eye Beams, the next time you can attack, you may combine?  I would think you could make a dual attack WITH Eye Beams, but I don't think you can play Eye Beams, and THEN attack before your opponent's next move.  Again, I might be wrong.

Jack

The tournament guide:

QuoteES (offensive) This Special allows the Character playing the Special to combine certain specified types of Power cards to attack for the remainder of the Battle. The cards used to combine must be playable by the Character. Multipower cards may not be used. The attack comes in as one attack and if the opponent can avoid either portion of the attack (e.g., an AD Special that targets one of the types being combined) then the entire attack is avoided (see AE Special for an example). Numerically, the attack must be blocked as a whole. That is to say, if a level 3 Strength Power card was combined with a level 4 Fighting Power card , then the target Character would need to play a 7 or higher in order to defend the attack but could play an AD Special that said (for example) "Avoid 1 Fighting attack." Combined attacks may not be combined additionally with Universe cards. Negating this special would also avoid the attack.

doesn't say much about when you may start attacking..

Since it doesn't say "Play during battle", I would think you are allowed to start playing cards with the special.