Event Phase Query

Started by Kyoujin, March 29, 2013, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

If a character is KO'd during the event phase, does the reserve move into the frontline position?

Thanks!

HotDogCart

Not unless the event says so, because the rules say:

"If a player has one of his Front Line Characters K.O.'d during a battle (See K.O.'s) his Reserve Character is moved up to become one of the Front Line Characters at the start of the next battle. The Reserve Character is not moved to the Front Line during the same battle in which a Front Line Character is K.O.'d."

Because events happen after the start of the battle which is when the reserve is moved to the front line.

gameplan.exe

both of the "KO Events" actually say to move the Reserve up. the "Martyr" Event from AoA says to pile all the hits up in one character, though. it doesn't mention anything about moving the Reserve to the Front Line, so for that one (and others like it) it's a no-go
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Kyoujin

Thanks guys.

I was actually inquiring about the AoA Event 'Martyr for the Cause'.  Couldn't this technically KO someone, given that the permanent record of one hero would take on all the hits from the others?  Have I misinterpreted the rules?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Kyoujin on March 30, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
Thanks guys.

I was actually inquiring about the AoA Event 'Martyr for the Cause'.  Couldn't this technically KO someone, given that the permanent record of one hero would take on all the hits from the others?  Have I misinterpreted the rules?

Oh, I count on it KO'ing someone when I use this Event. But, as mentioned, the Reserve won't come up until the start of the NEXT battle.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Kyoujin

gameplan.exe

- breadmaster

- thetrooper27