attacks after conceding

Started by The Dude, September 22, 2010, 08:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Quick question if you attack after conceding (Sabretooth, Wolverine) and use an AA do you get the follow up as well?

What if two people can attack after conceding may both do so? (Say Quicksilver and Mystique both had their 2 specials in the same battle). (My instinct is this has to be no but I figured I'd throw it out there).

bamf!

(61) Attacks that take place after an opponent concedes are limited to 1 attack to 1 Character. If a Special is played that grants follow-up attacks, the follow-up attacks are forfeited. Cards that requires a teammate's contribution (e.g., DoubleShot cards) can be used. Cards that require a teammates follow-up (teamworks, ally cards) cannot be used. Activator cards can be used.

bamf!

Demacus

But multiple attacks from multilple characters each with their own "attack after conceding" can all come out one after the other?  That's freaking brutal!

Nate Grey

Hey guys,

Was wondering if this was a way to possibly negate an opponents conceding special without having to actually use a negate special:

Opponent plays Ripclaw's MV (Play to Concede battle. Remove all Hits from Ripclaw's or teammate's Permanent Record and Hits from Current Battle.)

I play Wolverine's Rage (Wolverine may make 1 attack after opponent has conceded the battle. Opponent may defend.)

For Wolverine's 1 attack, would I be able to play Standoff (Only Wolverine and Target Character may attack, be attacked or defend this battle. Neither player may concede this battle.) and thereby negate the concede?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Nate Grey on January 09, 2014, 02:07:40 AM
Hey guys,

Was wondering if this was a way to possibly negate an opponents conceding special without having to actually use a negate special:

Opponent plays Ripclaw's MV (Play to Concede battle. Remove all Hits from Ripclaw's or teammate's Permanent Record and Hits from Current Battle.)

I play Wolverine's Rage (Wolverine may make 1 attack after opponent has conceded the battle. Opponent may defend.)

For Wolverine's 1 attack, would I be able to play Standoff (Only Wolverine and Target Character may attack, be attacked or defend this battle. Neither player may concede this battle.) and thereby negate the concede?

Yes! I have brought up this exact combo! (BE to FD)! I don't remember where (probably in my thread about Standoff), but the results I got were pretty encouraging!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

I don't think you can cancel someones concession after it has been declared and ultimately accepted.  You are granted 1 more offensive action after the battle is conceded.  I don't think you can use FD as a way to negate (defend) a concession.

BlueFire

The card would never go into effect if the battle had not already been conceded.

The card happens AFTER the concession and does not grant the ability to play other additional cards after a concession. 

Since it says AFTER opponent concedes and not WHEN opponent concedes this should be a clear answer.  If it said WHEN then I would have to think about it, but since it doesn't I won't.

Easy enough.

Nate Grey

Thanks for the feedback. Would have been cool if that Standoff play was legit. Good to know nonetheless.  :)

gameplan.exe

This is so hypothetical that if the right combination ever came up, I'd totally let it happen just to witness the epic tale.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

Quote from: ncannelora on January 10, 2014, 06:06:48 PM
This is so hypothetical that if the right combination ever came up, I'd totally let it happen just to witness the epic tale.

I've seen that a lot on this forum.  Most of the time w/ characters I've never even seen played in a deck.  But it's nice to get hypothetical sometimes.