An idea to make lots of specials more useful.

Started by Hotobu, December 15, 2012, 10:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

1 for each frontline and 2for reserve, sounds ok? 1 opd max. I using along side any heroes this could be really nice.
How about an activator but redraw immediately when drawn or when used.

Nostalgic

Quote from: BasiliskFang on January 15, 2013, 03:09:11 AM
1 for each frontline and 2for reserve, sounds ok? 1 opd max. I using along side any heroes this could be really nice.

No OPDs and only 1 card per character is best. The reason why I didn't want them to be attached to a card inside the deck, like an activator, is they are competing for space with something better.  Again this is why they aren't used in the first place. I see these 'subpar' specials more like 'minor inherent abilities' which is why I think allowing them to be placed before the game and accessed when desired is cool

Another special I was looking at the other day that would really get a boost by this would be Falcon's FY special.  I think Falcon being able to start the game with that card placed and activate it when the right cards come up really creates possibilities for a different strategy.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

TGW

Quote from: Nostalgic on January 17, 2013, 07:45:09 PM
Quote from: BasiliskFang on January 15, 2013, 03:09:11 AM

No OPDs and only 1 card per character is best. The reason why I didn't want them to be attached to a card inside the deck, like an activator, is they are competing for space with something better.  Again this is why they aren't used in the first place. I see these 'subpar' specials more like 'minor inherent abilities' which is why I think allowing them to be placed before the game and accessed when desired is cool

Another special I was looking at the other day that would really get a boost by this would be Falcon's FY special.  I think Falcon being able to start the game with that card placed and activate it when the right cards come up really creates possibilities for a different strategy.

It radically changes the game (in a way) but I really like your idea. There are so many useless specials. It would be interesting to have a sub deck where each character (or a handful of characters) would start the game with these specials on the side and can activate them at the start of the match or save them for later. Again, it really changes up the game and most purists might be opposed to it, but the idea is at least interesting.

BasiliskFang

The reason why I didn't want them to be attached to a card inside the deck, like an activator, is they are competing for space with something better.
I know thats why i said: redraw immediately when drawn OR when used (either, not both), like vents.. maybe up the deck count by how many of these cards you're using.

Nostalgic

Quote from: BasiliskFang on January 17, 2013, 08:54:10 PM
The reason why I didn't want them to be attached to a card inside the deck, like an activator, is they are competing for space with something better.
I know thats why i said: redraw immediately when drawn OR when used (either, not both), like vents.. maybe up the deck count by how many of these cards you're using.

IDK. I suppose you should just read the earlier posts in the thread... I think burning a turn and non-random access is benefit enough for these cards.  ???
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

BasiliskFang

Hotobu

The more I think about it the more I like the specials starting "in Limbo". As was said they'd basically be one time use inherent abilities. One per character, one use per round. This is even better than putting them in the deck and redrawing for them because there's no threat of them becoming unplayable.

thetrooper27

"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster