how much would this help Any Heroes?

Started by gameplan.exe, December 26, 2012, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

I made a deck recently based on the +/- Venture cards and I was reminded of an old idea that I'd like to discuss a little further here.

how would the game change if all AF cards were OPD and they lasted the entire Game?

God Of Mischief would make AnyHero decks a lot more viable, right? you might even see Cyclops in Reserve! LOL
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

How many characters have an AF... that could get the count pretty high having Cyclops in reserve, 3 frontliners with an AF and the anyhero!  +15 to venture total?  Professor X, Dr. Strange, Iceman, Cyclops.  I might even put Strange in reserve.  That's an Energy team, and with the any hero, you could have +12/-3 each turn!

Captain Marvell's AF gives you an option to add 3 or subtract 3 from opp.  Why would you ever subtract vs. add to your own?  Just a quick question...  I know you can't go into negative venture from another thread.  So is there any reason why you might consider subtracting instead of adding?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 26, 2012, 05:29:27 PM
How many characters have an AF... that could get the count pretty high having Cyclops in reserve, 3 frontliners with an AF and the anyhero!  +15 to venture total?  Professor X, Dr. Strange, Iceman, Cyclops.  I might even put Strange in reserve.  That's an Energy team, and with the any hero, you could have +12/-3 each turn!

Captain Marvell's AF gives you an option to add 3 or subtract 3 from opp.  Why would you ever subtract vs. add to your own?  Just a quick question...  I know you can't go into negative venture from another thread.  So is there any reason why you might consider subtracting instead of adding?

I don't know what other thread you mean... I've heard someone else say that there is no negative Venture, but idk why people think that. it's nowhere in the rules that i've ever read. early on, it was good guys"+" and bad guys "-" but I'm not sure why they went the optional route...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Yeah, I have never heard of this negative venture rule.

While I believe it would be interesting, I'm pretty sure it's not official.

-BBH

thetrooper27

I must have recalled what I read incorrectly... I thought that I read that in a previous thread, but I can't seem to find anything like that, so I must be mistaken.  Buffoon moment.

However, maybe this is relevant:  Adding 3 is playing a passive special, but opponent being -3 is an attack.  Correct?  You could follow up an AA with the -3, but not the +3.   

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 28, 2012, 12:18:52 AM
I must have recalled what I read incorrectly... I thought that I read that in a previous thread, but I can't seem to find anything like that, so I must be mistaken.  Buffoon moment.

However, maybe this is relevant:  Adding 3 is playing a passive special, but opponent being -3 is an attack.  Correct?  You could follow up an AA with the -3, but not the +3.   

you know, I suppose that might be true... so also, if a character is being held by an AV-style card, they could only play it if added, but not subtracted... interesting. although, these don't get a lot if use, so it's not likely to come up... UNLESS they lasted the whole game!!

also, the stacking from multiple characters might get to be a bit much, so what if you stipulated that they don't stack? you could even still play multiples, as back up from negates and such, but it maxes out at the highest single value 2, 3, 6, etc).
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

Maybe have the effect last until the character is kod?  Would make them a target...