Dream Team

Started by DiceK, December 13, 2013, 03:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

Assuming there was no deck sum rule, what team do you show up to a tournament with?

breadmaster

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/deck-construction/best-team-ignoring-sum-deck/

I made the same topic, and surprise surprise, some douches derailed it

my initial suggestion was beyonder/galactus/serpent society/colossus

I think I might tweak it to: colossus/iron man/galactus/beyonder.  you lose negates in the deck, but the LOs from colossus/IM should add up. 

another interesting one would be: team x/wolvie/tooth/mav.  no negates again, but you're almost guaranteed to have an 8, and no unusables till the end

ghost rider/spawn/hfh/beyonder should be able to do some damage too

what team are you thinkin, dice?

Jack

Beyonder, Heroes for Hire, The Reavers, Doctor Strange [R]

Possibly substitute Heroes for Hire to Spawn.

This works like the deck I used for the March tournament (Beyonder, Morbius {3}, Magneto {3}, Morph {3}). Massive chaining deck, starts with Ally (preferably a 5/3 or 8/3), into Doctor Strange's DG played by Beyonder and it builds from there.

Reavers is around for the Negate and the 4/7 chain they provide. He plays the Morbius role.

Heroes for Hire because they are just massive, the 5/3/8 chain they play by themselves is quite deadly sometimes. They compliment Reavers' stats very nicely too. Only draw back is there's no fall back to Dr. Strange except possibly Shang Chi because of his tricks and special avoid.

So in comes Spawn, we get Pym Particles so we can draw 10 cards for longer chains. Linkstone might have worked but you need a 6I to play it to a teammate. Spawn becomes the Magneto of the build because of the GJ and AR, with bonus AD.

Magneto can still be used, doesn't provide the same benefits as Spawn but allows for Linkstone.

---------------------

The deck without any Negates, just all out barrages:

Beyonder, Heroes for Hire, Magneto, Spawn [R].

Same as above, 5/3 or 8/3 ally starts the chain, begin with an GJ, possibly the 5/3/8 combo. Magneto in the front is crucial for Linkstone, so you can actually place things and pick them up later. You can also get Pym Particles onto Magneto for a draw 10.

gameplan.exe

I feel like this is a much more interesting topic if you take Beyonder off the table...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

I had an idea of a 77 tournament. Just raising the sum deck rule to 77 because you always have decks where you're just 1 point off.

DiceK

Quote from: ncannelora on December 15, 2013, 03:27:13 AM
I feel like this is a much more interesting topic if you take Beyonder off the table...

Agreed.

breadmaster

speaking of beyonder, it dawns on me that he fits in to that team x deck

since sabretooth has only 1 opd, and it sucks, beyonder fits in better

beyonder/teamx/wolverine/maverick.  while neat, still probably not a very dominant team