Overpower Deck Challenge 3.0

Started by drdeath25, June 16, 2011, 12:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdeath25

I have been thinking for MONTHS about this deck challenge. I wanted to make a good deck that used the character Cable, whom I've wanted to use in a long time! I came up with what i call "Overpower Deck Challenge 3.0". I have combined some of the BEST house rules from both Onslaught and Ncannelora, and a few others that I have seen on this forum, and need suggestions of what you think of my deck, and how I can make it better. It will be really interesting for me to see how a deck plays in this format, as it expands on the rules of Overpower to make a very challenging and intriguing Meta-Game.

Here's the scoop, make the BEST deck possible that complies with the following house rules:

- Character Sum Deck Must Be 92 Points to Fit Into What I Consider A More "Fair" Version of "Sum Deck Rule"
- You Can Only Use 56 Copies of One Card In Your Deck
- All Attacks Must be a 9 or Over
- Alien Symbiote is Banned (Me and Onslaught Have Tested This Over the Years... Just Trust Me, It's Too Good of A Card)
- You Can Use ONLY Characers that Are From the X-Men Universe, You get 3 Extra Points added to the Sum Deck (95), If you Include Gambit
- Cards From "The Marvels" Set Are Playable, Regardless of Whether You Tell Your Opponent You Are Including Them or Not
- Power Leech is Not Considered a OPD ( But I don't use it because i dont even own one copy of the card  :'(  ... i hate having to buy diapers. My work approved me for some overtime next week, so i might finally be able to buy a leech! )
- All Specials are DTR (Draw To Replace), Which Still Takes Effect If The Special is Negated
- You Can Only Use a Mission Set That Was Released as a Promo
- All Cards Visible on The Table To Begin The Game MUST Have Exactly 12 Instances of the Letter "A"
- You Cannot Play With Yourself! (this rule is mainly for Oscorp and Ncannelora... who is the same person)

So Here's What I Came Up With:

Angel: HorsemAn of ApocAlypse
Beyonder
CyclAwps
GAlActus (reserve)

Homebase: MArvel MAnhAttAn

Mission: AssAult on OnslAught

Deck List:
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force
Cyclawps - Focused Force

Strategy: You're going to know your hand is good every time, regardless of the 7 discards you will have. You're going to only have one card in your hand on the first battle due to duplicates, but this is fine, since all specials are DTR. This deck is built around a advanced version of the "Bet 7" concept, tailored to fit these house rules, so I will casually bet 7 missions on the first turn. The plan is to play Cyclawps' special "Focused Force" 49 times on the first hand, resulting in 441 points of venture, which should be enough venture to win the battle, and thus, the game!

So as you can see... Cable didn't make the cut.  ???

Any Idea's on how to improve this deck? I'm Looking for suggestions on what i could do to my decklist to make it more effective. It will be interesting to see what the overpower community can come up with for this deck challenge. I can't wait to hear your idea's.

I got my inspiration for this deck from Ecclesiates 4:12. Maybe that verse can help you as well as it has helped me...

Post Merge: July 22, 2011, 04:46:39 PM

Thanks for nothing?

No replies???  :P

Oscorp

All of that sounds pretty good man!  Maybe we can get together and play test it.  I have built a similar deck with Shadowcat but it has 56 avoids.  (also draw to replace) unfortunately for you though I also used Invisible Woman and so I would probably end up winning venture every time.

Good attempt though.  Keep on building your interesting and fun decks!   :D

I'm rubber and you're glue...

drdeath25

well i would'nt attack Shadowcat then... maybee if you used Invisible Woman's 9 or less instead your deck would work better.

But seriously, nobody has any critique for MY deck?

Oscorp

It's wonderful ;D  Not a negative thing I can think of ;D  Keep up the great work!!  and keep on posting these helpful and informative posts!!!  I look forward to reading them all!!!

I'm rubber and you're glue...

drdeath25

Thank you ncanndelora. It's great to know my insight into this game is appreciated by you.

Overtime

Interesting DECK CHALLENGE, what happens when someone negates your first Focused Force?

Hot Rod

Kyle

Quote from: Hot Rod on June 17, 2011, 11:34:17 PM
I remember my first beer.

I don't. Of course, that's because it was followed directly by my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th... well, you get the idea. Of course, if I was the OP, I'd probably be trying to live in 24 hour blackout, so that may explain a lot.

drdeath25

Quote from: Overtime on June 17, 2011, 08:58:09 PM
Interesting DECK CHALLENGE, what happens when someone negates your first Focused Force?

Gentleman's agreement to not use them, they are too good.