Ignoring negative inherents on homebases

Started by Palatinus, May 15, 2012, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Does anyone see a problem with simply ignoring negative inherent abilities on homebases?  Are the few teams you can make that exceed the sum deck limits really so powerful?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on May 15, 2012, 03:21:45 PM
Does anyone see a problem with simply ignoring negative inherent abilities on homebases?  Are the few teams you can make that exceed the sum deck limits really so powerful?

The one particular Home Base I can see that justifies a negative I.A. is Avalon. It's a challenge to get that HBase to win games, but it's only because of the I.A.. without that in place, Cable, ProfX, Bishop, Mag[R] is a tough, tough line up...

The other base that seems to have a justifiable negative I.A. is Wundagore Mountain - specifically because of it's Aspect. Essentially, on your first time through your deck, you're gonna have opportunities to have duplicate Lv.7 Power cards and that's pretty tough. Being limited to venturing only 1 or 2 cards is pretty fair, I think.

But, several other Homebases could def' use the help. I'd say, though, that it'd be better to give them Aspects than to change their I.A. In our group, we created a sa-WEET Aspect for Daily Bugle
"        For remainder of game, Daily Bugle's team may draw 1 card from top of
            Draw Pile immediately after blocking an attack using a Strength
            Power card. Discard if duplicate."
It's like the Muir Island and Asteroid "M" Aspect, but for Strength. It was a great way to give a Spider-Man team an edge. Even though this base allows a 7s 7s 6s 6s (better than the other 2 bases), so far it doesn't seem broken  :)

Otherwise I'd be for it, I think.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27