Rules Revisions

Started by BigBadHarve, October 12, 2012, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

BBH my man... help me out.  I was reading the official rules, and I don't see where it says you have to lead off your turn with a Universe card. ???
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

DiceK

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 07, 2012, 04:44:53 AM
BBH my man... help me out.  I was reading the official rules, and I don't see where it says you have to lead off your turn with a Universe card. ???

I believe what BBH means is that you can't use a universe card as a follow up attack.  Therefore, you can't use AA (4 + Additional) then play an Ally card, then have a special played by your teammate. 

I know you can't use a Teamwork as a followup attack, so by it being at the top of the turn, that is the only way it could be used in the first place. 

Correct me please if I'm wrong.

thetrooper27

OOOOOOh... first action of the TURN, not the BATTLE.

Complete buffoon... told ya. 8)  Thanks for being patient with me fellas.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 08, 2012, 03:18:23 PM
OOOOOOh... first action of the TURN, not the BATTLE.

Complete buffoon... told ya. 8)  Thanks for being patient with me fellas.

seriously, that same terminaology threw me off for the exact. same. reason.!  ;)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

What about teamworks?  Can I play them as long as they aren't follow ups?  Or do they have to be the first action of BATTLE?

breadmaster

any time at start of turn

iirc, there's nothing that you are limited to playing on the first turn

thetrooper27

Got it.  Finally.  Whew!  Could you imagine playing OPOnline with me?!

Hotobu

One rule that really needs to be re-examined is the "Dead is Dead rule." This rule wreaks of an overarching knee jerk reaction when only very few problematic situations needed to be addressed. It's bad because it nerfs a myriad of otherwise fairly innocuous situations while going too far to fix what it was really targeted at. There are only 3 situations where something like this ruling is necessary:

1. X-Babies
2. Grunge
3. Combinations of EK and CG specials

but there are over a dozen others where a ruling like "DiD" has no place in the game. Here's an example

Deadpool (May not be Spectrum KO'd with MultiPower Power cards) has "High Threshold of Pain" pain play. He's got an 8F, 4M on him, and now he's hit with an 8E. Deadpool is gone. Not only is he gone, but the DiD rule just invalidated a special card, and an inherent ability. A meta ruling is simply not required here as having to land another 10 pts of damage, or another power type on him is simply not gamebreaking.

The same goes for Morbius (May only be Cumulative KO'd by 30 or more points).

The DiD rule needs to be amended to say that a character is KO'd when they're at 20/4, or 30/3.

thetrooper27

I can see your point.  Would this make the Xbabies, Grunge type characters better, and does this mean that Ghost Rider would be ko'd at 30 points/ 3 icons?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 24, 2012, 12:14:09 AM
I can see your point.  Would this make the Xbabies, Grunge type characters better, and does this mean that Ghost Rider would be ko'd at 30 points/ 3 icons?

well, wouldn't Ghost Rider still be KO'd at 20, regardless of how many icons?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Hotobu

Without a card from a battlesite, or some weird confluence of events the DiD rule has no affect on Ghost Rider.

thetrooper27

Buffoon moment... my head is hung in shame.  :-[

gameplan.exe

In general, I always felt that the DiD rule should have been dropped after Image or XM Edition. They introduced a LOT of ways to ensure a KO at that point.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

I always had trouble hitting the level 2 power card attack after the 6Anypower.  Never tried the NW specials...

Real quick, the NW special HAS TO BE the hit that counts up to fifteen points.  It can't be the first hit on their record, then land a 10 and ko the character, right?  Just makin' sure...