Ally Duplication

Started by Demacus, October 05, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

Does Link (<=5F, 3F) count as a duplicate of Wong (<=5F, 3F)?  I mean, it makes sense if it does, but I wasn't sure if Allys worked like Specials, where you look at the name for duplication, or if they work like every other universe where you check the actual stats on the card.

Sounds like I answered my own question there, but I'm posting anyway.

Jack

QuoteDuplicate Universe: Ally Cards—A Hand may only include one of each specific Universe: Ally card. Meaning, Universe: Ally cards are only duplicates if they are identical in Power Type, and Value. For example, a Universe: Ally card that requires a 6 Fighting to use is not a duplicate of a Universe: Ally that requires a 6 Strength to use. A Universe: Ally card only is a duplicate if it matches the Type, and Value regardless of what the image is on the specific Universe: Ally card.
Source - Batman/Monumental Rulebook.

Demacus

That's what I thought.  Thank you Jack.  :-D

Jack

This would also mean that having both 6A 1E and 6A 1F ally cards in hand would be legal too. I thought it was just the "To Use" that determined duplicates.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on October 05, 2011, 04:08:24 PM
This would also mean that having both 6A 1E and 6A 1F ally cards in hand would be legal too. I thought it was just the "To Use" that determined duplicates.

yeah, it's slightly different than the rule for duplicate Teamwork cards that way (which are duplicate based on the "to use" number and icon, only, regardless of the follow up types).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

mattkoz

waitaminute... how are teamwork cards duplicated???

Jack

Quote from: ncannelora on October 05, 2011, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: Jack on October 05, 2011, 04:08:24 PM

yeah, it's slightly different than the rule for duplicate Teamwork cards that way (which are duplicate based on the "to use" number and icon, only, regardless of the follow up types).
Quote from: mattkoz on October 05, 2011, 10:20:55 PM
waitaminute... how are teamwork cards duplicated???

Both Ally and Teamwork have the same criteria:
QuoteDuplicate Universe: Teamwork cards—A Hand may only include one of each specific Universe: Teamwork card. Meaning, Universe: Teamwork cards are only duplicates if they are identical in Power Type, and Value

mattkoz

OK, so they must be identical in all ways and icons (except the art that's pictured). The last post seemed to say otherwise

mattkoz

Oh shit, I have been doing this wrong for a while. I don't know how I missed it!

QuoteA Universe: Teamwork card is a duplicate if it matches the Type, and Value, regardless of the Bonus to additional attacks, or what image is on the specific Universe: Teamwork card. For example, a Universe: Teamwork card that requires at least a 7 Strength to use, and offers a bonus to Fighting and Intellect is considered a duplicate of a Universe: Teamwork card that requires a 7 Strength to use, but offers a bonus to Energy and Fighting

I have been considering them dupes only if they are the exact same type, including bonuses.  WOOOPS!

That's weird because basic universe only dupe if the value, type, and bonuses are  the same.

Demacus

Teamworks are a little too varied to use ths same dupe rules as basics... Would be too powerful to have a 7E placed and another in hand, especially if the bonuses were different.

mattkoz

This isn't specifically about Ally Duplication, but does it bother anyone else that Ally cards are universe cards? Seems like they could have/should have made them tactic cards. Would help for placing purposes, and might be a more accurate description (tactically using your ally to assist).

The Dude

It doesn't bother me that Ally's are universe cards because they are still a physical thing. Personally if the game was ever to relaunch I'd switch it so that universe cards would all be physical--so Basic (probably renamed as Weapon) Ally and Artifact would all by Universe cards, while Tactics would all be "strategy modifiers" (so Training, Teamwork and Doubleshot). It would just make more sense to divide them that way imo; plus then there would be a seperate Tactic for single heroes (training), two heroes (doubleshot) and three heroes (teamwork) which also has a nice symetry to it.

Demacus

Have to agree with The Dude.  That certainly does make a lot more sense.  I think the reason a lot of cards fell as they did was due to when the timing with which they were released, and not any other logical reason.  Also cards like Trevor Fitzroy for The Hellfire Club would be WAY more useful if it could target Teamworks, but I think that's one of a very few cards in that pool of usefulness.