some Marvels - justa for fun!

Started by justa, April 20, 2021, 09:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justa

some pandemic musings - havin' fun as usual.  if you like 'em or have comments, let me know.
some random characters....

Stepford Cuckoos

Specials:
Cerebra Illusions
Daughters Of Frost
Flawless Diamond Hearts
Missing Sisters
Phoenix Shard
Team Communications
Three-In-One
Weapon XIV

Nebula  (the comic version, not the movie version)

Specials:
Cross Swaords
Cyborg Make-Over
Death Denied
Hand Blaster
Infinity Gauntlet
Relentless
Space Pirate
World Conqueror

Batroc

Specials:
C'est La Vie
Flexible Fighter
Krav Maga Combatant
Leapin' Lizards
Parkour Paramour
Sacre Bleu
Savate Kick
The Batroc Brigade

Tombstone

Specials:
Albino Assassin
Extortion Racket
Gentle Persuasion
Heavy Weapons
Interrogation
Killer Instinct
Mob Henchman
Stranglehold

after fennshysa's Nimrod, I wanted to fill out the Sentinel team...
Master Mold

Specials:
Force Blast
None Shall Approach
Paralytic Beam
Repair Or Rebuild
Resource Acquisition
Summon The Troops
Superior Programming
This Agression Serves No End

Bastion

Specials:
Energy Projection
Killing Hope
Operation: Zero Tolerance
Prime Upgrade
Psychic Immunity
Total Fusion
Xavier Protocols

then i got to thinking...why do Spider teams suck?  Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Doppleganger, Venom, Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter, also as homemade Arachne), Spider Girl (Mayday Parker), even including homemade Spiderwoman (Jessica Drew) and Spiderwoman/Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy, now apparently Ghost Spider) and Spiderman 2099 - and they can't compete.  so not that i'll make it any better, but... as Colossus is to Avalon. so is Madame Web to the Spider team.  (Cassandra Webb version, not the current Julia Carpenter)

Specials:
20-20 Blindsight
Astral Projection
Immortality
Mysterious Ways
Psychic Surgeon
Supporting The Spider-Verse
Your Future Awaits

which brought to mind another character who's too caught up in "events" to have any attack Specials:
Legion

Specials:
Controlling Events
Fracture Mechanics (i really like this one)
History Reprised
Internal Mindscape
Maximum Omega
Mind Games
Welcome To My World

which brings me to the last 2 characters of this go-round - both of whom i've always wanted to see in the game.  having built them, i see why they haven't been done before - their grids SUCK.  be that as it may, i present for your perusal:
Chameleon

Specials:
Computerized Memory Suit
I Am Whoever I Choose To Be!
Illusion Of Ally
Inside Job 1
Inside Job 2
Inside Job 3
Inside Job 4
Knockout Gas
Phoning It In
Thief In The Night
Trophy Wall

and finally, the ever changing Toad

Specials:
Clean Up On Aisle 5
Hidden Desires
Hop, Skip, & A Jump
I'll Take That
I'm Your Monster
Misfits
Power Leap
Tongue Lash

that's all for this time around.  suggestions and/or feedback is welcome.

Fractales

I love the theming on Master Mold. Would be awesome if that were a real card, as strength needs a little bit of buffing imo. I also really like what you did with Bastion's specials.

Legion's "Mind Games", though...

fennshysa

I love the Chameleon! Totally matches up to his style. Wish I'd thought of it.

justa

fractales:  they are as real as you want to use them.  playing with homemades always kept the game fresh for us after the legacy cards went out of print.

fennshysa:  thanks, man.  glad to get some feedback.

justa

i'm happy to discuss my OP opinions with people, but i don't do facebook.
gold?  definitely not based on feedback.  but i AM glad you enjoyed them.

Majestic

I hate it because I can't go to Facebook at work but I can visit this site.

I wish there was more discussion of stuff here, as OP is still one of my favorite games.

justa

back again, havin' fun as usual.  (note: clicking the hyper link for the character card shows the page with any notes i might have added.)  if you like 'em or have comments, let me know.
some more random characters....

not sure why Patsy never made it into the game.  she's only been around since the 40s.  here's my attempt to get her in.  (too bad i couldn't come up with a mechanic for the "bunny bridge".)

Hellcat

Specials:
Attuned To The Occult
Avengers
Bustin' Skrulls
Cat Suit
Deal With The Devil
I'm Starting To Hate You
Retractable Claws

more to come...

fennshysa

Oh sweet! She's partially started in my Marvel Knights set so I'm going to refrain from looking at the specials until i finish mine justa see how we compare.  :)

justa

and i know there is at least 1 other character in this batch that you "won't look at".  but that's OK.  at least somebody's looking...

next up is Sif, the new Guardian of the Bifrost (at least until Heimdall gets retconned, rebooted, or otherwise brought back to life - like OH SO many comic characters).  given her new position, i felt that a strong Reserve presence was warranted.

Sif

Specials:
Evening The Odds
Fearless
For Asgard
Guardian Of The Bifrost
Through Is The Only Way
Trusted Ally
Warriors Three

i may have overdone the Reserve angle, but what the hey?  it's "justa for fun", after all.

fennshysa

Maybe a little to much Reserve to be balanced but nice job nonetheless. I never would have thought of the guardian of the Bifrost being a Reserve character but it makes perfect sense. She's directing and sending others into battle.  I really like "through is the only way". I may steal that somewhere.

justa

i tried to work in a few of the mechanics i made up for DC (see Maxwell Lord's Toasting The Dead).

i won't show the next character because fennshysa doesn't want to see it yet.  but i'll link to it for anyone who does want to look.

Echo

Specials:
Deaf, Not Dumb
Eidetic Memory
Fisk's Assassin
Reflex Reaction
Ronin
The New Thunderbird
Vision Quest

and another:

American Dream

Specials:
A-Next
Awesome Agility
Cap's Shield
Captain America Corps
Dream Machine
Party Crasher
Star Discs Aren't Cheap

'til next time...

fennshysa

Cool! You don't have to hide the character because of me.

justa

i know i didn't have to, but i'm curious as to what grid you come up with.  it's still linked, so it is viewable to anyone.

next up: James Bourne, who aside from all the teams & team-ups i've seen him in, goes by the identity of

Solo

Specials:
Anti-Terrorist
Limited Teleport
Peace Through Superior Firepower
Questionable Methods
Research The Target
Special Forces Training
The Bourne Identity

fennshysa

Oooh. Solo, that's a good one. I never realized his name was James Bourne. That's hilarious! Now you need to make a Symkaria Location. I would probably left him as a 6 Fighting just because not everybody can be a 7.  Have you used the mechanics on "peace through superior firepower" and "questionable methods" before? I like that questionable methods card.

We're pretty close on Echo. I have her as 2-7-4-4 currently. Same total, but i gave her an inherent like Havoks. "+1 to all actions vs. Characters with Fighting Power Grid 6-8."

justa

i'm quite comfortable with Solo at 7F.  he has acquitted himself quite well going toe-to-toe against the likes of Bullseye, Spiderman, and even Taskmaster.
i've previously used the UT mechanic (lopsided CC) on Creeper, Mad Hatter, and Hellcat.  the UV mechanic (0M after concede) went to Hugo Strange & Maxwell Lord.  feel free to use whatever you see if it feels appropriate to you.  as i've stated before, i do that myself.

next up:

Diablo

Specials:
Asgardian Armor
Dark Arts
Elixir Vitae
Hypnotized
Master Of Alchemy
Molecular Transmutation
Pouch Of Potions
Sleeping Formula

followed up by Professor Gilbert's android who was brought to life by Diablo,