Danger Room Location

Started by oppl95, June 05, 2011, 04:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppl95

I recall there was a ruling or errata on this location, but I don't remember what it was. The Danger Room allows me to draw one card for each unusable power card, so if the card(s) I draw from Danger Room are also unusable can I draw to replace those? If so, can I repeat this until I have no unusable power cards in hand?

Jack

The errata was with the Aspect card for The Danger Room. The words "may not be defended" should read "are not affected".

gameplan.exe

there is a Meta Rule that states you only get to draw to replace the unusable cards 1 time per hand. So, if you had Beast on your team, but he was KO'd and you draw a 7I Power card, you can discard it and draw 1 more card. However, if the draw card is also a 7I Power card (and therefore, also unusable), you do not get to draw again.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

gameplan.exe

I have a few more questions that fit the same Subject.

Let's say I'm playing with Gambit, RogueBH, Iceman, and Bishop in Reserve

I draw a 7F Power card - I am able to place it to Bishop, but can I also choose to discard it as unusable, to be able to draw another card?

Also, if I had a Power card placed to Bishop already, and I drew a 7F and a 7E, could I discard the 7F as unusable, as opposed to discarding it as duplicate?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: ncannelora on June 22, 2011, 03:09:04 PM

I draw a 7F Power card - I am able to place it to Bishop, but can I also choose to discard it as unusable, to be able to draw another card?

Also, if I had a Power card placed to Bishop already, and I drew a 7F and a 7E, could I discard the 7F as unusable, as opposed to discarding it as duplicate?

I've always played that you can. The inherent says unusable. It doesn't specify that 'unusable but placeable for future use' doesn't qualify. If you can't use the card in that particular round, it is therefore unusable and you may replace it.

And yes, if you draw two power cards, and one is unusable that doesn't affect your ability to play the inherent. You can still redraw for it.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on June 22, 2011, 04:05:35 PM
Quote from: ncannelora on June 22, 2011, 03:09:04 PM

I've always played that you can. The inherent says unusable. It doesn't specify that 'unusable but placeable for future use' doesn't qualify. If you can't use the card in that particular round, it is therefore unusable and you may replace it.

And yes, if you draw two power cards, and one is unusable that doesn't affect your ability to play the inherent. You can still redraw for it.

-BBH

That's what I thought  :)

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 06:18:49 PM

I just really want to find ways to capitalize on this Inherent Ability (hence the other question, regarding the Events). I feel like there are several "almost works" scenarios for this. I feel like all of the surrounding cards reduce this to a "safety net" type of Inherent, instead of something you could really build around...
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

teesaw

Just to clarify, it sounds like the rulings were:

1.  Cards that can be placed to the reserve hero but are not playable by FL heroes would count as unusable.

2. If the card drawn is also unusable, another card may be drawn. If the card drawn is also unusable, another card may not be drawn.thanks for the correction

I also have a question:

Q. What happens first, discard duplicates or discard unusable?  I have a situation where iceman is the last man standing, I draw a 7S and a 7I, discarding both, does this make for 1 draw or 2?

What if Iceman has a 7E placed or in hand?  If the answer to the first question is "2" then the answer to this is also "2", however if the answer is "1" then it's definitely "0".
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

gameplan.exe

your #2 there is wrong. if the replacement card, the one you drew because of te I.A., is also unusable, you do NOT get to repeat the process.

in answer to your second question, if a card is both duplicate and unusable, it is still unusable. the duplicate status does not "override" or "overrule" the unusable status. so, with your last scenario: draw 2.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27