Madripor vs Department H

Started by Oscorp, June 13, 2011, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscorp

One home base gives a +1 to teamwork bonus.  The other says that teamwork bonus's are 0.  If they are playing each other what happens?

If they cancel each other then I believe Madripor to be at a disadvantage.  I believe that in this case all teamwork bonus's should be 1.

What do y'all think?
I'm rubber and you're glue...

BigBadHarve

I would tend to agree. The Madripoor inherent cancels the bonuses from the TW cards, but not the bonus granted from the inherent on Dept. H.

Though, that's just my take - I couldn't tell you what the official ruling would be.

-BBH

Jack

You guys really need to use the QNA section of the site!

http://overpower.ca/qna.php (query for Madripoor):

QuoteQuestion: When playing Madripor (Opponent's teamwork bonuses are +0) homebase vs. Department H (Teamworks are additional +1) homebase, which inherent would hold out. The way I see it there are two possibilities. Department H Team's teamwork cards are +0 (all bonuses cancelled by Madripor) or they are all just +1 (get the additional bonus after Madripor cancels out all bonuses on the teamwork cards themselves). What's your take and this? (1997-12-07)

Answer: Well, I've gotten this one enough times that it is now destined for the FAQ (being updated soon to include some FAQ on special cards).

The Madripoor IA causes all of my opponent's teamwork cards to read "+0" instead of whatever bonus is listed on the teamwork card. The Department H IA causes whatever the bonus on the card is to be an additional +1. Therefore, if my opponent is playing Dept. H and I am playing Madripoor, then all of my opponents follow up attacks made with teamwork cards are made at +1.

Whenever possible, if there seems to be a conflict with IAs of Home Bases, I recommend that the solution would be whatever causes both IA to have an effect - one would not override the other. That's why the reverse scenario (of all my opponents follow up attacks being +0 regardless of the IA of Dept. H) does not ring true.

BigBadHarve

Ah yes, well - there you have it. ;)

-BBH