Venture Total Draw (tie)

Started by gameplan.exe, December 30, 2010, 07:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

So, it turns out my brothers and I have been playing the tie-game wrong. We've re-read the rules and worked out all of the kinks except one point of confusion:

In the case when the Venture Totals are equal, and the Battle is ruled a Draw, do the Hits from Current Battle get tucked under your heroes (as per usual) before drawing / starting the new battle?

It seems to me that everything progresses as normal, except the Mission Cards. This would mean all Hits go to Permanent Record, all the cards that were in play "for remainder of Battle" are discarded, and then you draw a new hand. Is that right?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

drdeath25

Yes, the hits do go to your permanent record. Everything goes on like it would a brand new battle, except for the missions.

The missions stay ventured out there, but after the placing phase you will have to venture again. So you could technically have 4 missions on the line, and your opponent wouldnt be able to draw (as long as you bet 2 each battle)

Nate Grey

Quote from: drdeath25 on December 30, 2010, 07:35:46 PM
The missions stay ventured out there, but after the placing phase you will have to venture again. So you could technically have 4 missions on the line, and your opponent wouldnt be able to draw (as long as you bet 2 each battle)

Glad to have read this. Previously, whenever we had a Venture Total Draw, we'd just return the Missions back to the Reserve Pile. This recently happened when my opponent played Red Skull's Cosmic Cube on Colossus and then I played Iron Curtain (AX) right after. That actually confused the hell out of us but we figured that automatically ends the round. Is that correct? It ended up helping me out since he had a card advantage over me and my hand was pretty crappy to begin with.  ;D

gameplan.exe

that's an excellent play, regardless of how you handle a tie!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27