Scarlet Witch's IA

Started by AO user, September 21, 2014, 08:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

If Crossing event is played and you must Ko someone, If you KO Scarlet is your opponent -5?  Also If Strange's CK resurrects Witch for ONE battle, does her IA hit again?   

BigBadHarve

Yes to the KO Event.

Possibly to the resurrection. If she dies during the battle, then you get to apply the -5 venture. If she survives the round you don't necessarily because she wouldn't be removed from play until after the battle is over and venture is factored.

AO user

I thought as much.  The CK says "discard" so I didn't think the second one counted as a KO.  just checking

breadmaster

actually, the metas and tournament guide clearly point out that the character revived by CK IS in fact, ko'd at the end of the next battle

so what has to be determined, is whether the 'end of next battle' occurs before or after venture phase. 

we usually use the term 'battle' for everything from draw to venture, but in other places it's indicated as when you play the cards.  I'd lean towards counting the -5 again, but it's not cut and dry

mr brown

AO user

Quote from: breadmaster on September 23, 2014, 08:21:25 PM

so what has to be determined, is whether the 'end of next battle' occurs before or after venture phase. 

Does an NG special that has landed and removed IA on longshot Cancel his 2 or is NG discarded before venture phase.  It would be nice to get rid of FF plaza's woman' IA!