Shadow Helmet

Started by gameplan.exe, September 04, 2011, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

Just sayin'... Artifacts should all be game lasting until removed somehow.  I believe this is what they intended when they made artifacts.  Why have artifacts at all if this isn't the case?  They could just be anyhero special cards instead.  "Artifact" implies something tangible, that would get used over and over.  I never considered the duration rule for artifacts.

I feel the duration rule should be dropped and many cards errata'd.  I've been reading a few different threads tonight, and this is such a common issue for many cards discussed.  In another thread, the Siege Perilous came up.  3 cards to remove a hit?  It isn't a OPD.  So I have to meet the requirements to play the artifact and get rid of 3 cards from the top of draw pile to do what Alien Symbiote can do, then I discard my artifact because it isn't OPD?  Am I missing something?     

I'm sure it's been discussed, but my memory doesn't serve me well. What is stopping you guys from changing certain rules and invoking certain erratas for cards?  Is it just about keeping the game as close to the original as possible?   
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

As many would point out, the duration rule for artifacts was "created" to prevent Image Inducer from being abused.

One thing to note about the Siege Perilous, it specifies "each battle" so it implies game lasting. The card would be absolutely useless if it lasted the battle because it would be discarded before you would be allowed to remove hits.

There are a lot of things that we want to change. BBH and halcyon1234 have come up with their rules and have been applauded for their efforts.

What's stopping "us" from changing the rules is we aren't the authority on OverPower. Sure, we run the site and have the largest community of players on the web, but to the people who aren't part of the community, they won't know about it and will be confused if things are added/removed.

We, as a community, can put rule changes to vote and see what we all think of it. It still won't be "Legion Official" and would be considered house rules by definition.

thetrooper27

I think that if you made a list of rules changes, anyone who was planning to show up to an event you guys hosted could check the list long before the event and be prepared for whats in store.  Is there even a TRUE legion today?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

TheGeneral

No. But maybe there should be. Call it Overpower Reborn

chuu

sounds like a Yugioh card.

TheGeneral

I was more referring to Marvels Hero Reborn series

HollyWood

Abusing "Image Inducer"? Isn't that why they made Ultimate Nullifier? I mean this was play tested no? Could have just made it a OPD...
"I'm your huckleberry"