Non-numerical attacks on record?

Started by gameplan.exe, March 01, 2012, 04:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: DarKBladE09 on April 12, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I read it all, and I read it all again after your comment :) I only ask this specific question because DoW wasn't brought up in any scenarios and I wanted people to see how playing in that way would make DoW the ultimate card (even though it kind of alrdy is and people dont normally try to get rid of it in that manner). I had this exact thing done to me not realizing that it could happen. After it did happen, I was very satisfied knowing that DoW could be stopped in some way (I was the one with DoW played on opponent).
Playing Devil's Advocate here... I think that if the creators of overpower meant for card affects to stick around after their corresponding card was removed, they would have told us many years ago. I'm not a fan of inferring rules just because its not explicitly stated. I believe the average overpower player would assume the affects follow the card. Since getting back into the game, I think a lot of "rules" have been created just so people can play cards in the way that they want to and not how they were necessarily meant to be played. Just my opinion... still love the game myself.

and that's ultimately the point BIOS made, and I agree. where the card is, so is the effect. That's pretty much how I've always seen it, too. I didn't expect the topic to go in that direction, exactly. I really just wondered if an effect card like a DQ would move if some one used an CA card to swap records.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

Quote from: Bios on March 02, 2012, 09:13:36 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 02, 2012, 08:05:26 AM
Of course, this argument becomes more complicated when you factor in the conditional effects.

I think a simple way around it is specifically defining the rules in this regard.

1. Cards with a secondary condition that affects the opponent remains for the stated duration, or until the card is removed from play.

2. If removed or avoided, cards with a secondary condition that affects the player who played the special should be placed next to the appropriate character to indicate that the effect is still in play until the duration expires or removed in some other way.

Rule #1 is pretty clear. But I can't recall any cards wich rule #2 should be refering. Any specific cards in mind?

I believe rule #2 would be in refference to the MC's and Human Torch's specific AS special, along with other AS that mimic Nova Blast, i.e. Super Scream, Iron Fist, Heavy Artillery, Gotham's Emperor Penguin and High-Speed Impact, since each of these specials have "a secondary condition that affects the player who played the special."
I wonder if the AX specials would also fall under this particular rule.  Granted if they are negated, it would negate both parts, but removed/avoided should still incur the hindrance to the attacking character. IMO