activators from reserve

Started by steve2275, October 29, 2011, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

I don't think you can play activators from reserve, even if the card you are retrieveing may be played from reserve.  I could be wrong though.

Jack

It's perfectly legal as long as the card says it's playable from R.

gameplan.exe

yeah, definitely legal. It makes the MT card from a Battlesite really good, too

Quote* SHADOW MOTION (MT) <IM> {C}
        Acts as a level 4 Energy attack, may be played from Reserve. If
            successful, The Darkness may continue to attack while in Reserve.

Sunfire got it in THE MARVELS, too
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

Well damn! Really nice trick if you hide a powerhouse in back with lots of activators that can snag it.

steve2275

thanks jack

and superboy got one in dc3

Acts as a level 4 Fighting attack, may be played from Reserve. If successful, Superboy may continue to attack from Reserve

Jack

DC3 doesn't exist and there are no official game texts for it.

gameplan.exe

I've landed it a few times off a battlesite (Krakoa) and it was pretty sa-weet. I was able to use a 9S that Jean Grey had placed (both times, recently). I've only ever used Sunfire in Reserve in one deck. it was recent and didn't get a ton of practice out of it... maybe i'll put it back together...

anyway, as suggested at the top, I really like the idea of using that Banshee card off a Battlesite. Much quicker access!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Thats pretty awesome - I had no idea you could do that! Always just assumed it was a big old no for activators from reserve.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

you can also play a frontline ally then a reserve character's special

like that one

Tussin

^^ for characters innates of said character that can use that specific special from reserve?

ok so im trying to build up a deck idea... it involves a combo to pull off

so if i had this as an activator card i would need to have person in reserve in the front line for this to work? before i can place unlimited teamworks on said hero?

steve2275

the special card you want to activate must be playable from reserve
the missions   
maximum carnage
Move the Reserve hero to the front line this battle.  Return that character to the reserve at the end of the battle.
might over mind
Move the Reserve character to the front line this battle.  Return that character to the reserve at the end of the battle.
race against crime
Switch any front line hero with the reserve hero.
can help

also looking at http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/events/assault-on-onslaught-fighting-spirit-lives!/msg16236/?topicseen#msg16236
hawkeye's action leader works too
assuming your using concrete jungle as the battlesite
along with his HH http://overpower.ca/cards/specials/549.png
some one gets an unlimited number of Special cards and unlimited number of Teamwork cards
is that what youre going for?