Heroic Demise or what exactly

Started by AO user, February 07, 2016, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

I've only heard stories (legends) of someone venturing for the win, getting ahead on venture and then NOT BLOCKING a low value kill shot to his last hero but winning the venture & the game since completing a mission trumps KO's (?)  Is that true?  If that's called a "heroic Demise" what do you call the opposite:  One person ventured his or her last mission from the reserve and the other six are already in defeated pile.  They don't have enough damage to win venture that hand but they did KO the opponent's LAST HERO.  They lost cuz all missions are defeated or did they win by KO?  Are either of these considered "cheesey"?

Jack

Quote from: AO user on February 07, 2016, 10:23:26 PM
I've only heard stories (legends) of someone venturing for the win, getting ahead on venture and then NOT BLOCKING a low value kill shot to his last hero but winning the venture & the game since completing a mission trumps KO's (?)  Is that true?
It happened at Peace Bridge 2013 in my match in round 5. 30 minutes in.

In all cases, the ventures all up/down determine the winner/loser first before characters. Determining venture adjustments happens at the very end of the round, which at that point you see if anyone has 7 completed/defeated. The next battle begins, which checks if you have at least 1 Character around.

Nostalgic

Quote from: AO user on February 07, 2016, 10:23:26 PMIf that's called a "heroic Demise" what do you call the opposite:  One person ventured his or her last mission from the reserve and the other six are already in defeated pile.  They don't have enough damage to win venture that hand but they did KO the opponent's LAST HERO.  They lost cuz all missions are defeated or did they win by KO?

Ignominious victor/survivor?
On the other side, I believe the "heroic demise" is a pyrrhic victory to say the least.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."