Negate a Negate

Started by Palatinus, April 16, 2011, 06:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

If you play a card like Hellfire Clubs Madelyne Pryor (may place and play any Jean Grey specials for remainder of game) and your opponent does not negate it when you play it, can they decide to negate it later? or do they have to choose to negate it when it is played?
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Palatinus

Quote from: Jesse on March 07, 2012, 06:01:26 AM
If you play a card like Hellfire Clubs Madelyne Pryor (may place and play any Jean Grey specials for remainder of game) and your opponent does not negate it when you play it, can they decide to negate it later? or do they have to choose to negate it when it is played?

Any special with a lasting effect will stay in play to indicate that effect is active.  A negate can be played offensively to negate any special in play and will remove that special and erase any effects it has.

Jesse

Quote from: Palatinus on March 07, 2012, 08:57:42 AM
Any special with a lasting effect will stay in play to indicate that effect is active.  A negate can be played offensively to negate any special in play and will remove that special and erase any effects it has.

Thanks!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jesse on March 07, 2012, 06:01:26 AM

AND, this is the perfect example of negating a negate! So, if your opponent comes back later to Negate that Madelyne Pryor card, you can negate their negate  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: a_noble_kaz on September 29, 2011, 06:16:41 AM
If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower.

LOL! What about Beyonder?  8)

Missed this quote the first time I read through this.  Gotta sig it!  ;D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

steve2275

Quote from: metaphist on April 27, 2011, 01:43:36 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on April 24, 2011, 09:33:00 AM
Quote from: Nate Grey on April 23, 2011, 07:39:40 PM

Not all that long ago I learned your opponent could remove a Special card hit from the current battle using an offensively played negate. So you are also saying you could remove a Special that is on your permanent record that same way?

Unless it is Morbius's negate.   :P

Wow, removing hits with a Negate is news to me. I see more and more why they are so valuable. But now that I look at it, Morbius's Negate is one of those cards you can reverse engineer a rule from whether or not it's explicitly stated.
an maybe play an ally first