Suggestions and Concerns

Started by Palatinus, April 14, 2010, 10:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Since creating this forum, I have not really interacted with it very much at all.  My goal was to create a place where people still interested in Overpower could come together and share their continued love for the game.  I feel that this has been happening and I am very pleased with what i see on the forum.  I am just curious if anyone has any ideas or concerns about the forum itself.  I have never managed a forum before and so I know little to nothing about it.  I don't really spend time on other forums either so I have little experience from the posting end of things as well.  Anyone who has anything they would like to say, please post here or feel free to send me messages though the forum.

Thank you very much,
Palatinus

Nate Grey

Just dropping by to say thanks for providing us with this Overpower forum. Its been a great source for information and a cool place to meet other Overpower fans.  :)

gameplan.exe

I love your site! I can't readily think of anything to improve it, actually  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

All the new subforums looks a little cluttered, but mainly it seems like having so many different areas will make things more likely to be overlooked. This could slow down discussion or make the boards seem dead (and not worth registering for) to visiting users, since they will see tons of subforums with very few posts.

Maybe merge the new Introductions section and the five new comic sections with the "General Topics" section? That only has one thread in it, so they could probably all go in there (and they fit together since they are all off topic). Or merge all the five comic discussion things into one general comic thread, and move it below "Where to buy/where to play" so that someone glancing at the site on a laptop wouldn't miss that section.

Just my thoughts. I think it would help keep things clean and informative for visiting guests, and give them more incentive to join.

Nostalgic

I have to agree with Onslaught on this one. All the comic related subforums seems a bit much to my eyes.  I think one general comic discussion forum is enough.

It might be nice to occasionally take a poll if you're thinking of adding a subforum since many post here more frequently than you do.  Still great site and discussion.  :)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

drdeath25

I have to strongly agree with Onslaught and Nostalgic on this one. What do you think, Platinus?

Kal-el

I'll chime in too. I like having a comic forum, but I really think we only need one. There just aren't enough of us to support separate sections for each publisher.

Nate Grey

I've got a question here. You mentioned there is a block function in these forums. Would you mind sharing how to do that with us? Thank you.

Palatinus

Quote from: Nate Grey on July 12, 2011, 02:20:24 AM
I've got a question here. You mentioned there is a block function in these forums. Would you mind sharing how to do that with us? Thank you.

Go to Profile>Modify Profile>Buddies/Ignore List>Edit Ignore List

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on July 12, 2011, 10:19:44 AM
Quote from: Nate Grey on July 12, 2011, 02:20:24 AM

Go to Profile>Modify Profile>Buddies/Ignore List>Edit Ignore List

Thank you!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Nate Grey

Thanks for the info, Palatinus. Very much appreciated.

Palatinus

I do feel sad that people are starting to ignore other people, but I am glad to help.  Hopefully these issues can get resolved at some point so everyone can get along.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on July 13, 2011, 08:02:06 AM
I do feel sad that people are starting to ignore other people, but I am glad to help.  Hopefully these issues can get resolved at some point so everyone can get along.

For the record, I'm not ignoring anyone  :)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Ranerdar

I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

BasiliskFang

is it normal to click the thread title and it goes to the first page? usually you would want to read the new stuff. this would make the forums easier to navigate on tablets and phones.