"Shi'ar - Gladiator" from Reserve with Deathbird

Started by drdeath25, August 16, 2010, 01:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdeath25

Does anyone know if Deathbird (using her inherent ability), can use the card "Gladiator", to defend a front line character, while Deathbird is in reserve?

Gladiator says it acts as a power card. It seems like Meta-Rule 84 allows this:

"Specials which indicate that they act as Power cards only act as Power cards in that they can sometimes be used to attack or defend (as specified on the Special). They do NOT take on any other properties of Power cards i.e., they count towards X-Babies KO, they do NOT fuse with other MultiPower Power cards, they cannot be removed with an EE Special."

So i can i defend a frontline character with this card?

Jack

justa

i would have to disagree with jack.  Gladiator is a Special card.  while it "acts" like a power card, it remains a Special (thus it effects X-Babies KO status), therefore it cannot be played from reserve.  though it probably is the best card Deathbird can have in reserve, just place it when it comes up for use later.

Jack

I guess I'll change my mind after justa's post and some thinking. The card has to be played as a special before it turns into a power card, so that null my agreement.

Karmanal of Zert

Sorry Dr. D, but I've had her in reserve in my earliest deck this year, and I have to side with the J's on this one!