Follow ups to "May make additional attack"

Started by steve2275, March 06, 2012, 06:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

IMO you can. Both are considered offensive attacks, but I have been wrong before  :D
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Bios

Jesse is right. Siberian Strength affects the opponent, so its an attack.

Jesse

Thanks Bios.

I just came back to *Edit because I was reading the rules (still trying to refresh comfortably) and it states: If a Secial card or Aspect affects your opponent's Characters or your opponent's team of Characters, even if it does no damage, it is considered an attack.  ;D
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

it won my battle for me
altho only 2 discards occured

i wonder about bw specials following the same path as oc's

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on March 06, 2012, 07:58:43 AM
it won my battle for me
altho only 2 discards occured

i wonder about bw specials following the same path as oc's

Yeah, it's the same. BW, EP, GL... these are all affecting the Opponent's cards, and are therefore attacks. I've used Huntress' DG -> GL -> EP. not a particularly strong string, but still a lot of fun  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

its a negate worthy card

what about the any characher aa to the -3 venture af special

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on March 06, 2012, 10:55:28 AM
its a negate worthy card

what about the any characher aa to the -3 venture af special

no. affecting the Venture total is not considered an attack, either + or -
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

breadmaster

i was told any attacks on your opponents total were in fact attacks

Jack

Meta #5 says if it effects the opponent, it's an attack.

So only AF cards that are -3 count, +3 don't. I guess that's one way where -3's are better.

EDIT:
Interesting thought, if you played the AB specials that require a target character ("opponent" before they changed the term), you shouldn't be able to play something that affects your actual Opponent.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on July 14, 2012, 12:13:15 AM
Meta #5 says if it effects the opponent, it's an attack.

So only AF cards that are -3 count, +3 don't. I guess that's one way where -3's are better.

EDIT:
Interesting thought, if you played the AB specials that require a target character ("opponent" before they changed the term), you shouldn't be able to play something that affects your actual Opponent.

You are correct regarding the AB to Opponent-targeted attack being a no-no.

as for the other, I do not believe that affecting your opponent's venture total is not an attack against your opponent. It's not affecting the opponent, it's changing the point total. I do not agree that either AF is an attack.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

i think GG and LA are both valid follow ups.