Characters you most want to see in the Preacher T.V. series.

Started by fanneyjack, April 16, 2014, 01:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanneyjack

With the Preacher T.V. series now on it's way & up to 40 or more Major & Minor Characters to explore. Who would like to see get immortalized in T.V. pop culture history...If's it's done true to the books then they will be unforgettableTongueLol

I would like to see Jesus Desade & The Messiah or his caged parents throwing their um... you know!!!

justa

humperdumperdido!  After an explosive season final, I have to give the series a total thumbs up.  Obviously they "grounded" the heaven & hell sequences, probably not to freak out casual (or highly religious) viewers.  And I really liked the way they folded the Salvation story into Annville to provide their character background.  Herr Starr and the Grail (or Grail Industries) have yet to be formally placed in the story lines, but they were touched on briefly.
To be fair, there were downsides (for me anyways).  It moved a lot slower than the comic, and I thought too much time was spent making characters more sympathetic to the viewer than was warranted.  Also, a scene in the last episode (where Root keeps shooting Cassidy in the jail cell) steals is taken from the Masada story with Frankie the Eunuch doing the shooting, which makes the whole Masada/Messiah story line seem doubtful for the show.  (And really, how many dick-less guys do you need on one show to get the point across?)  And finally, Garth Ennis shunned the idea of a vampire-hunting group, yet one seems to exist in the show.
All-in-all, well worth the time spent.  Great show!