10 plus from DC - justa for fun!

Started by justa, October 24, 2017, 08:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justa

this next character has been a villain, a "hero", a reporter/commentator/narrator, Amber Butane of the Amber Butane Corps, lover of Cheeks, and many other things we don't need to mention.  he's broken the fourth wall so many times that the house is tilted.  He is
Ambush Bug

Specials:

Comic Distraction
Dumb Luck
Freedom Of The Press
Saving Cheeks, The Toy Wonder
Simon Says
Surprise!
Trophy Wall

FYI - that's the 5th member of the Justice League of Anarchy in OP now, joining Trickster, Harley Quinn, Plastic Man, and Creeper.  if somebody has an idea of how to make 'Mazing Man fit into OP, i'm all ears.  (my grid for him would total around 8, and that's being generous.  a silly but fun read.)

might as well throw up (literally) the last 2 here as well.  neither of these really belong in OP as they don't team up well with others, and neither can actually be killed.  consider them experiments in imortality.

first is Black Flash.  i did Madame Webb for the spiderverse, so i might as well add him to the speedforce.  at least the grid sorta lines up.

Specials:

Chronokinesis
Death In The Speed Force
Endless Pursuit
Energy Adsorption
Faster Than You
Numbers Don't Matter
The Next Black Flash

finally, after doing Impy for the Marvel thread, i couldn't resist doing Mxy here in DC.  text under the card for Mister Mxyzptlk details some design considerations (which may or may not excuse me from making him in the first place).

Specials:

All Mxyzt-Up
Concrete Mxyzr-For The Birds
Dimensional Hijinks
Forget Somebody?
Gifts For The Taking
Grand Master
Malicious Mischief
Trick Or Treat
What Are You Smokin'?

and that evens up Marvel & DC.  not sure when or where i'll be going next.

fennshysa

I tried the sovereign seven series. didn't really like the first couple issues. should i stick with it?

Cool. I only know the Black Flash from the CW show.

All Mxyzt up says "an" instead of "on".

justa

Dog

justa, how do you enforce the "teammate" part of Black Flash's IA? It's not like "speedster" is defined in the game anywhere.

justa

Regarding the term "speedster": no, it is not defined anywhere that I know of.  I define "speedster" as a character that is insanely fast by physical means (though cyborg-enhancement or other reasons could be debated).  My intent had 3 specific categories of characters in mind.  First, obviously, is the DC speedsters which include Barry Allen, Wally West, Eobard Thawne, Hunter Zoloman, Jessequick, and some of the kids as well.  (Note: I've seen versions of all the characters I cited.)  The second category is speedsters from other publishers - Quicksilver and Velocity come to mind, but I'm sure there are others.  The third category is the debatable characters - electronic characters can exhibit great speed, and then there's Superman....

My philosophy leans more towards "if both players agree to it, then let's try it out".

None of which directly answers your question.  The simplistic beauty of it is, I don't need to "enforce" anything!  I merely present ideas for your perusal.  In light of the previous philosophy, if the cards work for you and yours, then I am both flattered and honored, and wish you Happy Venturing.  And if they don't work for you and yours, then justa don't use them.  No harm, no foul.  And Happy Venturing anyways!

Dog

Sorry, I'm an editor, so the brain twitches.

I've been doing something in my customs with Character "versions" -- the thing after the colon in later clones. So you could do a Flash: Speedster and Quicksilver: Speedster, for example.

justa

You are an editor; I used to be a glorified technical writer back when I worked for a living.  Nowadays I get paid to stay home.  But I think I understand where you're coming from.ll
Someone could do ": Speedster" variants if they so wished to do so.  It will not be me.  I feel it is either understood as is, or it is unusable.

justa

Dog: if you're talking, the "Marauder", "Excaliber", "House of X", "Destructive", "Deep Cover", etc. cards, yeah, I've definitely been digging them, as well as the Spider-developments.  If you and Francisco have a site other than Facebook that you post on (personal, 3rd party, etc.), I'd love you to send me a link (off-forum).  The reason I ask was that I noticed only ~1/2 of the Reign Of X set was posted on Facebook, so I wonder what else I might be missing out on.

thought i might try a few more portrayals that i've not seen done before.  some of the should have been made before this.  some of them probably should not have - ever.  who is to say?  as Rod Serling used to say, "Submitted for your perusal..."

Toyman

Specials:
Army Of Toys
Attack Planning
Body Doubles
Dreams Of Revenge
Small Operations
Some Assembly Required
Toyboy

and Metamorpho

Specials:
Element Man
Molecular Mimic
Outsider
Shift
The Element Of Surprise
The Fab Freak Of 1001 Changes
Variable Form

Peacemaker

Specials:
Destructive Methods
Find This Amusing?
Getting The Job Done
I'll Kill To Keep The Peace!
Special Forces
Street Sweeper
The Scarab Database

Obsidian

Specials:
Darkside View
Heroic Legacy
Infinity, Inc.
Opaque Actions
Shadow Construct
Shadow Form
Size Alteration

Congorilla

Specials:
Ally Of Freedom Beast
Bogadu, The Golden Gorilla
"Congo" Bill Glenmorgan
High-Impact Blow
Justice League
Saving The Day
Tally Ho!

Detective Chimp

Specials:
Bureau Of Amplified Animals
Guild Of Detectives
Helm Of Nabu
Justice League Dark
Occult Inquisitor
Shadowpact
The Oblivion Bar

June Moone

Specials:
Artifact Annihilator
Change Outcome
Dzamor Manifest
Magical Blast
Shadowpact
Suicide Squad
The Enchantress

Mera

Specials:
Abiding Attraction
Eye Of The Storm
Hydrokinesis
Queen Of Atlantis
The Ocean's Fury
Unlikely Allies
Xebelian Strength

Doctor Hurt

Specials:
El Penitente
Heartless
Hyper-Adapter Fusion
R.I.P.
The Black Glove
The Three Ghosts Project
"Zur-En-Arrh"

Kalibak

Specials:
Boom Tube
High Threshold Of Pain
Kalibak The Cruel
Military Commander
Mother Box
New God
Welcome To Beta-Club-Dead

Rag Doll

Specials:
Demented Thief
Don't Call Me Clown!
Stranglehold
Surprise Assault
Triple-Jointed
Villains United
Weird-Off

Anarky

Specials:
Anti-Villain
Battle Suit
Beware My Power!
Code Name "Moneyspider"
Personal Boom Tube
Stun Baton
Throwing Stars

and finally, Trigon

Specials:
Demonic Regeneration
Eldritch Blasts
Heart Of Darkness
I AM Power!
Intimidation
Ruler Of The Under-Realms
Warp Reality

all of my cards can be found here: http://justaopfan.deviantart.com/gallery/

justa

a small addition to mirror the marvel thread.  i intended to continue the "attack of the clones" theme, but Comm. James Gordon is the only one, and it seemed redundant to do him solo, as it all comes back to the G.C.P.D.  but the research did point me do an un-done character:

Renee Montoya

Specials:
Crack Shot
Defining Moment
Off-Duty Operation
Protect & Defend
Quick Reflexes
Take-Down
The New Question

which pointed me to another un-done character:

Richard Dragon

Specials:
Bludhaven Brawl
Chi Channeling (several of you all have asked for something like this)
Death Match
Dragon Fists
Former Thief
Many Come- Some Learn
Martial Arts Master

for parity"s sake, since i did marvel's Super Adaptoid, i should present the DC predecessor (similar but different build):
Amazo

Specials:
Absorption-Cell Technology
Destructive Rage
Ivo's One-Man Justice League
Laser Vision
Mechanical Repairs
Object Duplication
Power Mimic

and again, for parity's sake, i did the Heralds of Galactus, so why not the
Heralds Of The Anti-Monitor (an actual team, short-lived as it was)

Specials:
Cyborg Superman
Manhunters
Parallax
Sinestro
Superboy-Prime
The Anti-Monitor
The Power Of Fear

and finally (to go completely off the rails), a short lived team, based on an interesting concept, with some cool art; but the story line...  built for attack only, no defense outside of the exaggerated Power grid, nothing but OPD Specials, i present to you my version of:

Barbatos' Dark Knights

Specials:
Barbatos
The Batman Who Laughs
The Dawnbreaker
The Devastator
The Drowned
The Merciless
The Murder Machine
The Red Death

that's all for now...

fennshysa

Sweet! Liking them. I love Destructive Rage for Amazo! I was working on him last week and we definitely went different ways but had some specials overlap. However the mechanics for destructive rage are so perfect for him i may have to scrap one of my other cards and use that on mine too!