Major Forum Upgrade

Started by Palatinus, June 12, 2011, 11:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I apologize for having to upgrade the forum.  The 1.1.x version line of the forum was no longer supported and I had to upgrade to 2.0.  This should help alleviate some of the security issues that have been arising lately, e.g. in the last 2 days over 50 spam users have attempted to sign up on the forum.  I know things are different and I will try to fix anything that is a problem as I learn about the new version.  Please report any problems on this post.

The Dude

For what it's worth visually I like the new look of the forum

Nate Grey

Looks good to me, Palatinus. Thanks for the upgrade and all that you do to keep the site going.  :)

Palatinus

I'm actually partial to the new look as well.  It is just the default look for the upgraded software, but I am glad that it is as nice as it is.

Palatinus

Forum has been updated to the latest version.  A lot has changed in the back end. If you notice any issues, let me know.

AO user

Are you accepting new members? Where on site can you change password?

Dog

Would love to see this place become active again! I'm pretty down on the main Facebook group at the moment.

Palatinus

Quote from: AO user on December 10, 2023, 06:37:18 PMAre you accepting new members? Where on site can you change password?

Yes, new people can sign up.

You should be able to change your password under account settings.

Dog

Quote from: Palatinus on December 10, 2023, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: AO user on December 10, 2023, 06:37:18 PMAre you accepting new members? Where on site can you change password?

I've heard from one person who said they just tried resetting their password, and got an "invalid passcode" notification.  :-\

Palatinus

Quote from: Dog on December 18, 2023, 04:37:58 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on December 10, 2023, 07:01:50 PM

I've heard from one person who said they just tried resetting their password, and got an "invalid passcode" notification.  :-\
If I knew which account it is, I can work to resolve it. Or they can email me at palatinus@beenhereandthere.com

Majestic

Thanks for all you do keeping this forum going, Palatinus.

I'd love to see more activity here.