'IA' cards

Started by breadmaster, August 09, 2011, 12:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

oscorp and i were considering this one.  for the code, meta 131 pops up

Meta #131: If, by playing a Special card, a player removes their own last front line Character from play (e.g., by moving them into reserve) then the battle is immediately over and that player loses the Venture.

now, the 2 'IA' cards are dazzler's marvels (tm to reserve, which makes sense) and white queen's (target discards all placed cards and moves to reserve for remainder of battle). 

do y'all think this should count as a venture loss for the person playing the white queen 'IA', or is this meta misplaced?

Jack

White Queen's card can also target an opponent's front line. Targeting a teammate or herself is also fair game with WQ's IA, but you have to discard whatever placed cards you have.

The Marvels were not factored into the Metas.

The meta is probably misworded in a way; it should be when any player has no front-line, the battle is over and the player with no front-line characters loses the Venture.

Kal-el

Wouldn't that rule mean that a KO win trumps a Venture win, which isn't the case?

gameplan.exe

I never knew you could attack your own front line with certain Special cards...

So, could I play White Queen's IA on Shadow King and use his LO to draw a card?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Kal-el

Well the text of the card just says "Target Hero", so there's nothing there that says it has to be your opponent. It's a little weird, but I don't see why you couldn't play it that way.

I don't think you could use the LO though. The LO specifies avoiding an attack, and IMO by definition an attack must come from the opponent.

gameplan.exe

NEW QUESTION:
So, if my opponent hits me with White Queen's IA, or I play Dazzler's on a teammate, and I then have 2 characters in Reserve... can I choose which character will come up in the next battle? It seems like I should be able to do that.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jack

According to the tournament guide, you are allowed to choose which character to come back. I really need to spend time putting that into the site..

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on September 23, 2011, 02:13:06 AM
According to the tournament guide, you are allowed to choose which character to come back. I really need to spend time putting that into the site..

Nice! I think that gives some more depth to Dazzler's IA card, then.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Demacus

So, IF the game comes down to White Queen and my opponent's one character and I use her IA to shift him into reserve, and he has NO way to act while in reserve, the battle ends, and he tosses his hand, as well as any cards placed to him via the special?  Sounds like with the right timing that could be pretty devistating...

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on October 07, 2011, 05:42:45 PM
So, IF the game comes down to White Queen and my opponent's one character and I use her IA to shift him into reserve, and he has NO way to act while in reserve, the battle ends, and he tosses his hand, as well as any cards placed to him via the special?  Sounds like with the right timing that could be pretty devistating...

WHOA!!
what if you played this from a Battlesite:
Quote* INTIMIDATE (BC) <OP> {R} [OPD]
        Play when opponent brings in reserve, reserve may not enter until next
            battle

and then played W.Queen's IA?!

Does that mean that you start the next battle and your opponent's only character is stuck in Reserve?! Which would mean you would automatically win that next hand?!  :o
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Demacus

I'd pretty much dismissed those BC specials, but in this instance...  Good question Ncann