K2 CHALLENGE Overpower Tournament - March 14 and 15 - State College, PA

Started by DiceK, June 21, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFire

As Jack mentioned, mistakes do happen.

We have all accidentally kept a duplicate in our hands at some point.  In a tournament, these types of innocent mistakes typically lead to loss of venture in the current battle because they can effect the way your opponent may choose to play.  You will often find that your opponent will just let you discard the card and there won't be a problem; however, the more competitive opponents may choose to have you lose the venture if the game is close.  This is their right and should not be looked upon unfavorably as you were the one that made the mistake.  Please feel free to get a judges opinion were you ever to find yourself feeling uncomfortable on either side of this situation. 

Deliberately cheating is an entirely different subject.   No well meaning overpower competitor has anything to worry about.   

HollyWood

If you are playing the famous "lock-out" deck having multiple OPD's isn't a friendly accident sense you only need to play a couple cards to win the game. In the Nationals I've seen them forfeit the current and past matches for an Illegal deck. Be sure I will be asking to look through any Lock-out decks I play.
"I'm your huckleberry"

BlueFire

Hey Kevin,

Sounds like you may have had a bad experience.  I'm sorry to hear that happened.  I'm also surprised I didn't hear about it, since I'm sure I was at the tournament in which it happened. 

I doubt you will be running into any lock out decks at this event, though I can't promise that it won't happen.  I do feel that it is reasonable for someone to request a deck check if they lost in the first hand of a match to something like this.  If it happens to you at the event, feel free to bring it to my attention and we will have the deck checked.  The other 45 minutes of the round should be plenty of time to make this happen.

Feel free to express any other concerns you may have.

Phil K

teesaw

Very stupid question, since i've never played in a TCG tournament in my life -

Is there a rule that says you must play the same deck from start to finish?
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

HollyWood

In the past they would ask for your team members. But the actual deck they didn't make you list the cards in it. So yeah you could make changes to it. Hope that helps.
"I'm your huckleberry"

BlueFire

There are no stupid questions!

Kevin is half correct in his answer.

Being as though we are not playing for thousands of dollars (yet), there will not be any deck registration.  The rules at our event will not allow any changes to your deck.  The deck you start with is the deck you must play the whole time.  This will be both on the honor system and easily confirmed by all of your opponents and/or the feature match video camera footage. 

Kevin, did you guys really play that you could switch events etc.. between matches?  That would be insane.

Hope this helps and I'm sorry I didn't mention it before.

HollyWood

No what I ment was that if someone removed a card, not meaning a whole event, it would be hard to prove sense no one was writing every card in your deck down. Unless you are rain man I don't think you will remember how many 8 power cards I played exactly. Though a  camera is great for that!

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting someone cheat at the tournament. I was speaking past-tense about how they ran them in the past and weather it was possible someone could have.

I have an important question. How soon is too soon to start trash talking about winning this thing?  ;D
"I'm your huckleberry"

Supermartin

chuu, when you print up those power cards, do not forget to print lots and lots of 5 multi-power cards. I have the complete rules clarifications on how all special cards work and interact in a game. I will bring them. My reservation has been made!!

chuu

i can do extra sets for the 5M, 6 any-power, 7 any-power and 8 any-powers

BlueFire

chuu

Will people be able to use them at the tournament? just wondering..

DiceK

Quote from: chuu on January 10, 2014, 05:19:17 PM
Will people be able to use them at the tournament? just wondering..

No.

The only cards that may be proxy cards at the K2 CHALLENGE are at the following link:  http://www.overpower.ca/mv.php

Supermartin

Is there a way I can print those proxy cards to the right, useable size??

Jack

Cards are roughly 2.5 by 3.5 inch. For proxies, I usually print 4 to a 5x7 photo paper and just cut it into quarters. You can fit 9 into a letter sized paper.

Ideally, I would like them all to be in colour so they show up nicer on the videos. Not a requirement since I'm not the host. And I guess if anyone has concerns about being in video, please let us know.

BlueFire

Proxy cards for the Marvels should be legible and preferably in color.  The text should be verbatim to the actual card.

If you are using proxy cards, you must use deck sleeves.  We suggest all people use sleeves and they must be of uniform color and texture.