Hey!

Started by Hawkguy, April 30, 2013, 09:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkguy

Hey everyone!

I'm Nate and I'm from Ontario, Canada.

I've spoke with Jack a little on Twitter but I don't know anyone else here at all, so I thought I'd drop in to say hello.

I used to play OverPower way back in the day (it feels like forever ago!), but I haven't played for years. I actually looked for my custom decks last night, but came up empty-handed, so I'll probably be buying from Ebay in the next few weeks to try and come up with a new deck - which is probably for the best because I mostly had 3-grid heroes. I had a handful of 4-grid heroes, but at that point, I didn't play much anymore. I think I had one DC hero only (no idea how I even got it).

I have no tournament experience, so I'm definitely a little rusty on the rules. I played when I was 8-10 years old, or so. There were 3 of us who played the game regularly (plus a 4th who played sometimes), but that's as far as our games went.

I found this site while posting on a hockey forum I moderate. I found a post asking about playing the Pokemon trading card game online, so I went into the thread and posted about Overpower. Another guy messaged me saying he loved the game, so I went on a mission  (30 seconds) and found this site.

I'm more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan (thought I'm addicted to the new Injustice: Gods Among Us fighting game for PS3), but I don't read a ton of comics. I used to have a set of 4 Gambit comics back in the day, but I also have no clue where they are now. The only comic I collect now is the new Hawkeye solo series - it's incredible.

Besides geeking out on OverPower again, I'm a huge fan of sports (Go Habs Go!!), movies, and video games. I play PS3, so if anyone wants to play games sometimes, feel free to add me (message me for my PSN name).

I'm looking forward to hopefully playing some of you online in the near future, if anyone wants to play!

chuu

Nice to see someone else from Ontario. What city are you from?

BigBadHarve

Welcome to the boards, and Back to Overpower! :D

Where in Ontario are you? Close enough to Toronto to attend our regular meet ups?

If you're seeking cards, send me a PM, I have tons of excess.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

welcome aboard  ;D

also, I'm on the PSN too, my name is the same as here! have fun exploring and getting caught up on everything here!!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Hawkguy

Quote from: ncannelora on April 30, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
welcome aboard  ;D

also, I'm on the PSN too, my name is the same as here! have fun exploring and getting caught up on everything here!!
Awesome! What games do you play? I'll add you when I get home from work in the morning.

Quote from: chuu on April 30, 2013, 12:42:49 PM
Nice to see someone else from Ontario. What city are you from?

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 30, 2013, 12:44:10 PM
Welcome to the boards, and Back to Overpower! :D

Where in Ontario are you? Close enough to Toronto to attend our regular meet ups?

If you're seeking cards, send me a PM, I have tons of excess.

-BBH
I live Napanee, Ontario. Near Kingston, so I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Toronto or so. Definitely can't meet up weekly or anything, but definitely should be able to head there sometimes!

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Hawkguy on April 30, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
I live Napanee, Ontario. Near Kingston, so I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Toronto or so. Definitely can't meet up weekly or anything, but definitely should be able to head there sometimes!

Awesome. We don't get together weekly, our meetups are bi-monthly, with the next one planned for June sometime. The date hasn't been locked yet.

breadmaster

Bi-Mon Sci-Fi Con!

welcome aboard clint

thetrooper27

Always great to see new people jumping in!  I love it here!
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Syntax_486

Hey everyone hows it going? I'm pretty new to the overpower online but used to play it back when. Although i am having some difficulties actually getting into matches or starting them. so if some one could help a guy out that would be awesome also is there any groups willing to have me? That way i could atleast have some people to play against i would really appreciate it 

Nate Grey

Hey Nate! Cool name ya got.  ;) Welcome to the Overpower forums.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Hawkguy on April 30, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
Quote from: ncannelora on April 30, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
welcome aboard  ;D

Awesome! What games do you play? I'll add you when I get home from work in the morning.

Sorry if I haven't added you, yet! we just moved across town and we haven't set up the TV or PS3 yet  :-\

anyway, mostly, I play Madden and FF13 (and some ps1 games) - but it's cool to be friends, even if we don't get to play games together! lol
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27