dueling LXs

Started by breadmaster, September 14, 2014, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

LX: For remainder of game, if Opponent draws cards during battle, Tiffany may draw an equal number from Draw Pile. Tiffany must show drawn cards. May not keep duplicates.

a game came up where both players had this out.  opponent played an LO, and drew a card.  I responded by matching the draw, and then opponent drew 1 more to match me.

going by the letter of the card, it seems we could have drawn our entire draw piles and power packs, discarding duplicates.  that didn't seem reasonable, so we stopped there. there seems to be 3 options

-should we have drawn everything?
-does the drawing occur simulataneously, and we each should only draw 1?  1 for his LO, 1 for my LX
-should we have done what we decided?  1 for his LO, 1 for my LX, and 1 for his LX

AO user

Brilliant!  This is overpower equivalent of dividing by zero!  I look forward to discussion

chuu

I would have ruled the same way you did breadmaster.

Tussin

i think i read somewhere Infinity divided by Zero is still Zero. :)

justa

Actually, anything divided by zero is infinity...  Mathematicaly anyways

BasiliskFang

Quote from: breadmaster on September 14, 2014, 04:59:42 PM
LX: For remainder of game, if Opponent draws cards during battle, Tiffany may draw an equal number from Draw Pile. Tiffany must show drawn cards. May not keep duplicates.

a game came up where both players had this out.  opponent played an LO, and drew a card.  I responded by matching the draw, and then opponent drew 1 more to match me.

going by the letter of the card, it seems we could have drawn our entire draw piles and power packs, discarding duplicates.  that didn't seem reasonable, so we stopped there. there seems to be 3 options

-should we have drawn everything?
-does the drawing occur simulataneously, and we each should only draw 1?  1 for his LO, 1 for my LX
-should we have done what we decided?  1 for his LO, 1 for my LX, and 1 for his LX
wasn't there a rule stated by jack that each function may only happen once per turn?

Jack

Quote from: BasiliskFang on September 18, 2014, 05:07:36 AM
wasn't there a rule stated by jack that each function may only happen once per turn?
No.

Quote from: justa on September 17, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
Actually, anything divided by zero is infinity...  Mathematicaly anyways
Also no, anything divided by zero is undefined. Anything divided by a number close to zero approaches infinity.