Previous topic - Next topic

steve2275

http://overpower.ca/wiki/DR
im pretty sure the drawn card is discarded regardless if there any dupes or not
or have i been playing it wrong

it does say drawn card and
i just wanna know if the discard happens regardless of if theres a dupe or not

teesaw

That's correct - draw 1 card, discard it, POSSIBLY discard a second (or third)
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

steve2275

what can i say
im a glutton for punishment
yeah the opponent might draw a l 1 power card then again it could 8 or a negate that your opponent wont have next turn

teesaw

I think the DR special would be best served as ~both people draw 1, opponent discards his drawn card and any duplicates held in hand~ or something to that effect.  I can't stomach the impact on card advatage. 

I was wondering about the math on this card, I started to write it out in words, but it was getting convoluted - maybe something I can do in Excel if I'm bored later.  What has been your experience with this card getting discards from hand or from the board?  My top-of-the-head answer is 20%, subject to a number of variables that can lower it...

Maybe if you had brainiac, scarlet, and others with the same special all in one deck?  It's an interesting theory and I'd love to explore the concept further.
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

teesaw

Well, sorry Steve - who knew you felt so strongly about the DR specials?

My Customs

Tussin