best 3 stat deck

Started by breadmaster, April 27, 2015, 09:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

using current deck building, but no cards that came out after mission control, what kind of teams do you think would work best

as I went through, nightrcrawler has the only AD that can protect himself and teammates (6 or less), and beast/witch are the only characters with negates.  (morbius also has one, but most specials from this era worth playing are numerical attacks)

the team I came up with was:

nightcrawler
beast
hulk
thing (reserve)

you could switch out witch for beast, and get the AI, but lose the big 9e opd. 

the thing I noticed, was it was VERY hard to get to 51 cards.  I had to bend my usual deckbuilding, and go with doubles of most tws, triples of power cards, and even double up on some weaker attack specials.  the defense is also VERY power card depandant

what other good decks are there?

justa

Boy, this question brings back memories....  (We quit using the 3-stat characters when IQ came out.)  Always a for fun player, I used to have my kids play what we called the BCJS team, consisting of Banshee, Cyclops, jean Grey, and Storm.  While probably nothing special for the tournament players, this team assured that all power cards would be usable by all members of the team.  (No waste.)
My nephew didn't like the idea of discarding duplicates until I played against him using this team, with a deck made up of mostly level 7 power cards.  He woke up to the need to discard dupes REAL quick!

steve2275

dr. strange spider-woman(but which goes in reserve?) jubilee iceman
team defense comes to mind (AD)
jubilee invisible woman scarlet witch spider-woman(reserve) F P A energy team

combos include (and dont forget to play and F or of 5 or less ally card first)
FE to AQ to AQ
FE to AR to NG

oops

breadmaster

yeah, that's a lot of offensive juice, justa

steve, FE and NG weren't available yet, and no character has an avoid from reserve

steve2275

my first post is still mostly good on the team defense part (AD AO) jubilation and sue both had their AG.....and AQ AV were available at the time
http://overpower.ca/checklists/original.txt http://overpower.ca/checklists/powersurge.txt http://overpower.ca/checklists/mission_control.txt
reference time

ill get back to ya
avengers assemble
12 hawkeye in reserve with avenging archer and a placed arrow assault
11 black widow with AVENGING AGENT COMBAT GYMNAST WIDOW'S BITE WIDOW'S LINE
14 hulk with ENRAGED and POWER LEAP
13 cap with RICOCHET SHIELD SUPER SOLDIER MIGHTY SHIELD to which you must yield and STARS & STRIPES

caps AB and widows AA can do spectrum with hulks ENRAGED
cap and widow both can avoid with AG

lock em down my x-men
banshee jubilee magneto (in reserve) professor x (AX and AV respectively)
banshee can AA to AX or AS   jubilee and the professor can each 1 time AB to AQ............the front line can AG themselves.....jubilee can also help the professor defend himself

the AS (41 damage)
11 banshee 11 human torch(reserve) 10 iceman 9 bishop also has an AQ (49 OPD damage) legal team at 58

protect the professor
iceman (AD) jubilee (AD) professor x (AG) jean in reserve with telepathic unity and telekinesis placed  or magneto (x-tra 8 E and AV placed)

AG AN AP (covering the e f s spectrum)
elektra in reserve with AP f placed and BP  mystique AP e   rhino AP S (also AB S) and silver sable AP F (with 2 different AA e f) or  punisher (AP F also AB F)

the AR 7 spectrum
colossus F hobgoblin E sabertooth S

the villians AR fighting (blob juggernaut) and strength (mandarin mr.sinister)
blob juggernaut(both also have the CU 7 S and 8 S respectively) mandarin mr.sinister (in reserve with his AR placed)

energy and fighting grid x-men
bishop cable (magneto in reserve AV) professor x

GALACTUS and the x-men
GALACTUS (in reserve) jubilee magneto and professor x (56 of 58)