DC Homemades

Started by Palatinus, April 01, 2011, 09:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

What does anyone use for homemades for DC?  I feel like there are large gaps in DC's playability and I am curious if anyone is trying to make up for it with any homemades.

Jack

Are you on Facebook? One of our members has created a LOT of DC homemades.

Palatinus

No, not on facebook at all.

Jack

Let me gather some cards he made.

Post Merge: July 22, 2011, 04:29:13 PM

Above cards were created by Michael (OverPower Legion on Facebook)

gameplan.exe

Ranerdar and I have worked together on an expansion for DC, working to give each character 2 more cards. We tried hard to work toward restoring a balance. We tried to give characters cards in varying degrees of usefullness, based on how much help we thought that individual needed.

I don't want to list everything we have, but for example, we wanted to really elevate Superman (he's good, but not as good as he should be), so we gave him a pair of cards that really help him out... a level 7a CC and a Teammate Avoid Numerical attack.  At the same time, we felt Penguin was probably about as good as he should ever be, so we didn't give him great cards, to say the least (I don't remember them off the top of my head).

Post Merge: July 22, 2011, 04:29:48 PM

Also, how do I upload/link images?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Hadn't seen those before.  They look awsome.  Here's a few of Bios.

ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jack on April 01, 2011, 11:00:25 PM

His Metropolis Homebase has a major flaw. I pointed it out to him, but he obviously didn't adjust it.

There is only 1 character on that whole team with anything on his grid that's 2 or less - and that's Doomsday.

So essentially, the inherent ability for the location reads - Doomsday may not be spectrum KO'd by intellect attacks.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

... is this giving Superman a second 11a HN-Special?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: ncannelora on April 02, 2011, 03:12:08 PM
... is this giving Superman a second 11a HN-Special?

I saw it as a replacement.  I personally like this one better.  ;)

Post Merge: July 22, 2011, 04:30:00 PM

Quote from: Palatinus on April 01, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
What does anyone use for homemades for DC?  I feel like there are large gaps in DC's playability and I am curious if anyone is trying to make up for it with any homemades.

I just had the idea as a way we the 'hardcore' overpower community could come up with some common cards for DC heroes.  I think the vast majority of people who post agree that the marvels are official enough to play with even if no other homemades are allowed. We could simply take the Marvels specials and apply each one to a different DC hero.  Who gets which marvels special would depend on who the majority of us feel is an appropriate card for that particular character.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jack

Use imgur.com/photobucket or something similar.

I wish I could open up overpower.ca and let people upload pictures to it. Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to start allowing people to start hosting pictures yet. I gotta save that space up for high quality scans of cards/art.

Though I do have 30GB of space on my other servers...

Palatinus

I like a lot of those specials, but I am especially interested in DC location cards.  Locations are the biggest thing DC is missing to be really competitive.

Bios

I am making some more. Soon I will have a new set.

steve2275

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 02, 2011, 03:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jack on April 01, 2011, 11:00:25 PM

His Metropolis Homebase has a major flaw. I pointed it out to him, but he obviously didn't adjust it.

There is only 1 character on that whole team with anything on his grid that's 2 or less - and that's Doomsday.

So essentially, the inherent ability for the location reads - Doomsday may not be spectrum KO'd by intellect attacks.

-BBH
i think 3 woulve been better