Open Letter to Oscorp

Started by drdeath25, June 19, 2011, 04:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdeath25

Sometimes, some of the things you post seem aimed to rile me. I can take a lot, though. I grew up with 5 brothers and I've learned to dish it out as well as take it. And some of the stuff you post is actually funny, in its satire.

Having said all of that, I cannot sit idly by blatant blasphemy. If you intended to call yourself "Overpower Jesus" as a joke, it's not funny. It offends me personally and disturbs me spiritually. I don't know if you believe in Jesus, yourself, but I do.

I believe He is the manifested Son of the living God. He was sinless when he lived on earth. He was crucified to take my punishment for my own sins, and the sins of all who profess Him as their lord. He rose from the grave three days later and ascended to heaven to retake His rightful place by the Father's side. And finally, He will return to rule the earth in perfect peace for 1000 years before destroying it completely, and creating a new heaven and new earth.

Now, I don't know in what way you consider your Overpower play, to be similar to the Son of God I described above, but I can't imagine any parallels. I'm sure Jesus played games with His disciples to have fun. Who knows, maybe there will be Overpower in heaven. But I will tell you one thing about which I am sure; I do not believe Jesus would ever antagonize his brothers and sisters. I try (though I often fail) to imitate Him in my everyday life and I take that very seriously.

I pray this is received as it is meant to be. I do not mean to tear down, but only to shed light on the matter. I have to speak the truth, but it needs to be in love. I don't want this to be seen as some sort of retaliation.

Please forgive me for my offenses to you. I truly am sorry. In the future, please don't joke about imitating Jesus. Please.

Thank you for reading this,
<><

Thoughts??

CoS

I appreciated this letter as well and agree across the board with the message and spirit in which is was shared.

Kyle

"God" is man's greatest creation.

gameplan.exe

this is a PM I wrote to drdeath25 a few days ago, when I saw him calling himself "Overpower Jesus". I sent it as a PM because I didn't want this to become some kind of public spectacle, but apparently he doesn't care.

Also, he seems to think that myself and Oscorp are the same person. I'm not sure how, or if it's possible, for me to prove to him that we are not the same.  :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

drdeath25

I confirmed through various private investigators and computer hacking that ncann and oscorp are not the same person, i apologize for that accusation, it seemed as if you two were in cahoots somehow. It also appears oscorp isnt Rucker, either. Maybe someone who was at the Canadian meetup can tell us who this mysterious "Overpower Bearded Jesus" who pisses excellence is.... and how he did at the meetup this weekend.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: drdeath25 on June 19, 2011, 04:39:54 PM
I confirmed through various private investigators and computer hacking that ncann and oscorp are not the same person, i apologize for that accusation, it seemed as if you two were in cahoots somehow. It also appears oscorp isnt Rucker, either. Maybe someone who was at the Canadian meetup can tell us who this mysterious "Overpower Bearded Jesus" who pisses excellence is.... and how he did at the meetup this weekend.

Apology accepted; I forgive you. Also, please don't send anymore people to my house... LOL
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

drdeath25

Quote from: ncannelora on June 19, 2011, 05:14:55 PM

Apology accepted; I forgive you. Also, please don't send anymore people to my house... LOL

You don't want another pizza?

Did you not enjoy the All-Meat one I sent you? Here... let me send you a veggie, let me know if that's more of your style.

They said 45 minutes or more, they must be busy. Its gonna be $18.67 after tax for the XL... be sure to tip well. Nice house, BTW.  :-*

Nostalgic

Quote from: ncannelora on June 19, 2011, 04:17:46 PM
this is a PM I wrote to drdeath25 a few days ago, when I saw him calling himself "Overpower Jesus". I sent it as a PM because I didn't want this to become some kind of public spectacle, but apparently he doesn't care.

Nothing he says should surprise you at this point. After all God put him, and a few others,  here for a reason...

...to make the world and this forum more "interesting".  ;)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Oscorp

I assure you that I did quite poorly at the meetup.  Playing three different decks.  I had no success with my Madripoor build.  And mild success with my other two teams.  I would say I won maybe 1 out of every 4 games I played during the day.  Thanks for the interest Dr.D.   :)
I'm rubber and you're glue...