Who's who?

Started by Demacus, August 06, 2011, 03:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

So I've definatley gotten the impression that "NickW" used to be on the creative staff of the Overpower game and knows the ins and outs and alternate rules cause he was actually at the table as they were being written.  Are there any other folks on the forums who's word is solid gold as well, and not just speculating based on links found that may or may not be accurate?  Not that I'm trying to debase anyone's opinions, as I've noticed that a lot of folks seem to be dead-on with the rules as well.  Just wanted a control group who we could officially recognize if there's really NO viable sollution to an issue without an honest to God official desicion.

drdeath25

JohnL and NickW both have their pictures on the card "Team Overpower". Does that count?

CoS

If somone could find Kathy Probe or Norman Barth and they were interested in posting I would trust their word as gold for rules questions.

NickW

I was one of the Reserves.  I will not claim any credit in the development of the game.  Ron invited Norm to head the Reserves, Norm invited me.

The Reserves were basically responsible for the following:

1. "Damage Control" for Image - The expansion was too far along for us to make any edits.  We reviewed the set list for any potentially game breaking cards in order to come up with a way to deal with them later.
2. Playtested X-men - The expansion was sent to us basically complete.  We made some recommendations here and there, most if not all made it in.
3. Helped create what would have been Marvels - Ron did the bulk of the work, but we had a little bit more creative input, especially on the new cards.

Beyond that, we served as official tournament judges, like the final Nationals event (as Reserves we were not allowed to compete).  We also answered the toll free rules hotline and the official rules questions email account.
Personally, I also judged more than a few local and "not-so-local to me" events.  Other than that, I just have a really good memory so a lot of this stuck with me after 10+ years...

Theo

Wow, Kathy Probe, long time since I heard that name. Well, I was one of the two original developers, but I would not consider my word in any way official. My brother and I only did the original rule set and had nothing to do with any subsequent expansions or rules changes. Still, great to see it still alive and kicking.

Keep on Overpowering!