steve2275

my current code obsession is AQ
http://overpower.ca/tools/quickspecials.php
only pre set homebase with

muir island site 
                           for spider-woman

https://overpower.ca/code/

Jesse

That's pretty nice to get all of those on one team - but I don't think I have ever built a team with a specific code in mind. Up until these forums (and with Any Hero OPDs) I haven't really paid much attention to the codes at all....
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

im starting so many of those for opo
choose the team
put in the AQ'S
save
then change one or two characters then "save as" rename as needed

Jesse

Quote from: steve2275 on April 17, 2012, 07:00:23 AM
choose the team
put in the AQ'S
save

I can see how it can be a benefit. Somedays I do build teams around high attacks so searching specifically for a code could make it easier - especially on a site like Jack's that lets you search for the code.

Nice idea.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

Quote from: Jesse on April 17, 2012, 07:04:51 AM
Quote from: steve2275 on April 17, 2012, 07:00:23 AM
choose the team
put in the AQ'S
save

I can see how it can be a benefit. Somedays I do build teams around high attacks so searching specifically for a code could make it easier - especially on a site like Jack's that lets you search for the code.

Nice idea.
sure thing

reserve

im still giggling over that team

Jesse

I've never even thought about Thor/Holocaust. Such high (same) dual grids is crazy. They could definitely cause some havok together.

gameplan.exe

I don't want to steal his thunder, but I'll share anyway. When we had an OPO Tournament awhile back, Breadmaster built a team around the HB-Special with Beast and Puppetmaster (sort through Opponent's Power Pack and remove any 3 Power cards). He was using Any Heroes for the New Universe Special (EN) and also using Captain Mar-Vell's Universal Alignment - then lots and lots of defense.

His idea (which worked wonderfully) was to be able to reset mission cards enough to ensure getting to the Power Pack phase of the game. Along the way, he'd deplete your Power Pack - sometimes nearly completely! So, you'd hit the Power Pack and may have no level 8, 7, or 6 Power cards! Brutal!

For myself, I've definitely built teams around the High Attack cards (see this thread: http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=178.0)

I've also built a deck around Rogue's FL card with an alley-oop from Angel's FQ-Card from THE MARVELS (see this thread: http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=631.0)

Those are both very fun decks for me  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on April 17, 2012, 01:26:03 PM
I don't want to steal his thunder, but I'll share anyway. When we had an OPO Tournament awhile back, Breadmaster built a team around the HB-Special with Beast and Puppetmaster (sort through Opponent's Power Pack and remove any 3 Power cards). He was using Any Heroes for the New Universe Special (EN) and also using Captain Mar-Vell's Universal Alignment - then lots and lots of defense.

His idea (which worked wonderfully) was to be able to reset mission cards enough to ensure getting to the Power Pack phase of the game. Along the way, he'd deplete your Power Pack - sometimes nearly completely! So, you'd hit the Power Pack and may have no level 8, 7, or 6 Power cards! Brutal!

Think he'd share the deck for that? One of the guys that I got into OP is huge into MTG and that was one of his favorite things to do (deplete a power pack) so I think he would get a kick out of playing with a similar team build like this.

BigBadHarve

Never with codes... but I'll often make teams with a certain Theme in mind.

Whether it be a team that exists in the comics, or some wacky notion based on the cards themselves. IE: The Old Bald guys - Lex Luthor, Kingpin, Prof. X. and Puppet Master.

Eh, I'm easily amused. Sue me.

;)

-BBH

Jesse

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 17, 2012, 02:12:31 PM
Whether it be a team that exists in the comics, or some wacky notion based on the cards themselves. IE: The Old Bald guys - Lex Luthor, Kingpin, Prof. X. and Puppet Master.

I used to do things like that when I played HeroClix. My all time favorite was Team Lazy. The main big hitters Were Professor X, Magneto, and Metron. All 3 were sitting down (of course Charles doesn't have a choice......eh) therefore good ol' team lazy.

breadmaster

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=463.0

jesse, that's the post where i break down the deck.  it's the 4th post from the bottom. there's a few other quirky winning decks in there (trick or treaters, anyone)

the thing with that deck, is that you'll be conceding ALOT.  and since you want to go to power pack,  it's hard to stop the opponent from completeing their mission.  that's essentialy how the deck is built...stopping the opponent from completing mission while still losing battles

i honestly didn't think the deck would be able to snag a winning record (5-4), due to the sheer number of cards in the deck that don't affect venture.  it actually went on to beat every team that played (except oscorps nasty little team).  i was really happy with that squad

Demacus

A buddy of mine made a BW deck once.  But it was before the Any Character special, I believe he used Iron Man, Super Skrull, Brood and Morph.  It didn't run all that well. 

Jesse

Quote from: breadmaster on April 17, 2012, 05:13:49 PM
http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=463.0

jesse, that's the post where i break down the deck.  it's the 4th post from the bottom. there's a few other quirky winning decks in there (trick or treaters, anyone)

the thing with that deck, is that you'll be conceding ALOT.  and since you want to go to power pack,  it's hard to stop the opponent from completeing their mission.  that's essentialy how the deck is built...stopping the opponent from completing mission while still losing battles

i honestly didn't think the deck would be able to snag a winning record (5-4), due to the sheer number of cards in the deck that don't affect venture.  it actually went on to beat every team that played (except oscorps nasty little team).  i was really happy with that squad

Thanks man! My buddy is going to love that. High win percentage or not this is right up his MTG playstyle.

Jack

My current deck is based around the HN special: Hand, Starjammers, Nick Fury and Hawkeye. I call it my H1N1 deck because it's supposedly deadly.

I have another HN deck but still haven't been through rounds of tweaking.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on April 17, 2012, 11:07:13 PM
My current deck is based around the HN special: Hand, Starjammers, Nick Fury and Hawkeye. I call it my H1N1 deck because it's supposedly deadly.

I have another HN deck but still haven't been through rounds of tweaking.

should've used gambit! or are you using his from Danger Room? :P

I thought of an obvious one - lots of people build around AD specials... also, "lockdown" type decks are another built around code-specifics (AV, AX, DZ).

my brother, back in the original days, built a team around the AE-Specials (combines) with Gambit, Elektra, and Psylocke (I think those were the three he used).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27